ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delivery

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Paul1234
Newly Registered

Delivery

Post by Paul1234 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:53 pm

Hi,

I've just phoned the home office after waiting 8 weeks for my tier 2 visa extension decision.

They tell me its in the post via Royal Mail 2nd class signed for delivery.

Is this a good sign?? Not DX.

They wouldn't tell me the decision on the phone now I have to wait feeling really anxious!

Any advice?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Delivery

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:12 pm

Paul1234 wrote:Hi,

I've just phoned the home office after waiting 8 weeks for my tier 2 visa extension decision.

They wouldn't tell me the decision on the phone now I have to wait feeling really anxious!

Any advice?
Keep calm and carry on....

No one can tell you what the outcome will be, but the method of delivery bears no relationship to the result.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

nasmc92
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nasmc92 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:23 pm

good luck. I hope that decision will be in your favour.

So HO took all 8 weeks to process the application by post. I am applying for extension next week and my pay is appropriate as per the SOC for 39 hours. the documents I am sending is Passport, BRP as mentioned on application and 3 months pay slip. Pay slip is not mandatory but sending it for my own convenience to show that I am already getting an experienced rate. What do you think should I send it or not ?.
Did you send any pay slip ..?

What documents did you send. Would you like to share the story of extension ?

Do I have to include pre-paid postage envelop even or HO will send through their own service ?

Marclck
Newly Registered

Post by Marclck » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:28 pm

Paul1234 wrote:Hi,

Any advice?
Decision is sent via royalmail, whereas BRP is delivered by DX.

mccrimmonmv
Newly Registered

Post by mccrimmonmv » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:43 pm

If it's any consolation, I did the exact same thing today and had the same answer. You aren't alone.