ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Urgent Advice Please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krishi572000

Need Urgent Advice Please

Post by krishi572000 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:23 am

Hello freinds i am posting on behalf of my freind who need an advice

He came into this country on a student visa 2010 , his student extension got refused on March 2013 , and

hes been sent a letter to depart Uk Voluintarily and the passport was held at the home office he didnt

depart as of now his passport is still with the home office but he went on for a Judicial Review of his last

application and the Judicial review is still under consideration , He has got a Girlfriend she is British by birth

and he is living with her currently for the past 6Months and had plans to get married once he settles down

now the question is Can he apply for a visa based on the relation ship with his girl freind as he cant marry

now with out his passport which is held at the home office, what will be the good idea or he needs to wait

for 1.5 years more and apply based on livin in relationship , can u guys please suggest will that work out and

what were the best options for him , Many Thanks Guys your replies will be very much appreciated.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Need Urgent Advice Please

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:32 am

His prospect of success at this stage is very limited.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

krishi572000

Post by krishi572000 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:38 am

Many thanks Obie what if he waits for 1.5 years more and applies what about the chances

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:03 pm

How does he intend to stay under the HO radar for 1.5 years? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:34 pm

I never understand in cases like this how does the HO expect people to leave voluntarily without their passport?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:40 pm

Noetic wrote:I never understand in cases like this how does the HO expect people to leave voluntarily without their passport?
My understanding is that 'voluntarily' is still by arrangement;
- with passport made available at last minute at airport;
people don't just leave, or aren't trusted to leave, at random.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:43 pm

Noetic wrote:I never understand in cases like this how does the HO expect people to leave voluntarily without their passport?
I have thought of that also.

Retention of an individual's passport seems too repressive and counter productive . Telling someone to go to airport and collect passport, is not very voluntary .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:58 pm

This is the anecdotal evidence I was half-remembering:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... t#p1369193
- it suggests 'voluntary, exit is at least partially regimented, orchestrated and eacorted.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.