ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee living in the same flat

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jng89
Newly Registered

Referee living in the same flat

Post by jng89 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:40 am

Hi,

Just want to check if anyone has asked this question before. I applied for naturalisation using the NCS service. At the time of the application, the lady advised me that because my first referee lives in the same address as me, she said there were cases where the HO will request an extra referee. However she said it depends on case worker so I proceeded to submit the application anyway.

I discovered the forum today and wanted to ask if any of you had experience with this before? Either applying with a referee who lives in the same place and have you heard back from the HO? Or have you ever been asked to provide an additional referee? Will this delay my application?

Many thanks in advance!

noajthan

Re: Referee living in the same flat

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:12 am

jng89 wrote:Hi,

Just want to check if anyone has asked this question before. I applied for naturalisation using the NCS service. At the time of the application, the lady advised me that because my first referee lives in the same address as me, she said there were cases where the HO will request an extra referee. However she said it depends on case worker so I proceeded to submit the application anyway.

I discovered the forum today and wanted to ask if any of you had experience with this before? Either applying with a referee who lives in the same place and have you heard back from the HO? Or have you ever been asked to provide an additional referee? Will this delay my application?

Many thanks in advance!
HO guidance does not specifically exclude referees based on address:
Referees should not:
  • be related to the applicant
    be related to the other referee
    be the applicant’s solicitor or agent representing him or her with the application
    be employed by the Home Office
    have been convicted of an imprisonable offence during the past 10 years for which the sentence is not spent ...
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n-v6_0.pdf

If caseworker is not comfortable with a referee another nominee will be requested; references are not routinely taken up anyway;
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

jng89
Newly Registered

Re: Referee living in the same flat

Post by jng89 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:01 am

noajthan wrote: HO guidance does not specifically exclude referees based on address:
Referees should not:
  • be related to the applicant
    be related to the other referee
    be the applicant’s solicitor or agent representing him or her with the application
    be employed by the Home Office
    have been convicted of an imprisonable offence during the past 10 years for which the sentence is not spent ...
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n-v6_0.pdf

If caseworker is not comfortable with a referee another nominee will be requested; references are not routinely taken up anyway;
Thanks noajthan, your reply is very helpful. I just want to make sure that they will ask for another referee instead of rejecting the application outright so helpful to know that it's not part of the HO reference in this case.