ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Arriving in UK before visa valid from date ???

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aboldizsar
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit-No original documents or certified copies.

Post by Aboldizsar » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:26 am

Hey everyone !

I just recently applied for a EEA Family Permit about a week ago . I'm from Trinidad and Tobago and my husband is Hungarian but a permanent resident in the UK. I filled putnthe application online and we gathered all of our supporting documents(pay slips, mortgage contract, conversations, phone logs, pictures, receipts of western union transactions, employment contract)and submitted but it was only yesterday that we read that his passport or residence card/national id card had to be original or certified copies. All we gave to them were scanned and coloured copies of his passport , residence card, marriage certificate and national id card. Will we get a call or email to provide the certified copies and at least give us a chance to correct our mistake or will they just refuse us? It says online that it takes 10-15 days to be processed, its the 7th day and we still havent been contacted. Im scared but i hope they have a big heart and give us a chance to provide originals and certified copies :)Thanks in advance everyone :)

Aboldizsar
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit-No original documents or certified cop

Post by Aboldizsar » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:54 am

Ugh , sorry about the mistakes. I'm typing on my little phone lol

Aboldizsar
Newly Registered

EEA family cover letter mandatory?

Post by Aboldizsar » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:19 am

Ihello everyone

I'm see in everyone saying that they also submitted a cover letter with their family permit application but I didn't see that as a requirement on the GOV.UK site . so is it mandatory or not?

Thanks in advance :)

noajthan

Re: EEA family cover letter mandatory?

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:00 pm

Aboldizsar wrote:Ihello everyone

I'm see in everyone saying that they also submitted a cover letter with their family permit application but I didn't see that as a requirement on the GOV.UK site . so is it mandatory or not?

Thanks in advance :)
No.

Even the listed docs are not mandatory:
...not a list of documents that you must submit. We do not expect you to provide all of the documents listed
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... permit.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Aboldizsar
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit refusal - no grounds to appeal

Post by Aboldizsar » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:02 am

Hey Everyone,
I applied for my family permit to join my Hungarian Husband in the Uk.

timeline:
Applied August 26th
Got refused on 6th September
Reason - Marriage of Convenience

The weren't satisfied with the wedding pictures(we had a very small and intimate wedding at my home) and that they have no timeline for when the photos were taken(Who has timelines on picture taken with the mobile phone though?) The refusal letter said that although the EEA family permit application does not require specific evidence they are not satisfied with what was given to them. Does that make any sense? They also stated that I showed no evidence of communication which is a lie because i sent them some screenshots of calls and conversations via Facebook and whatsapp, which are the only ways we communicate. We didn't even get the right to appeal???! How can they say something so nasty like that to us without proof?

I just applied again today 22nd September with conversations everyday from the day i left the UK June 2nd to 21st September and I added a bit more photos from our wedding day. What do we do if they refuse us again without the right to appeal? We were thinking that he should come to Trinidad and we travel back to uk together without the family permit, will that be a better idea? This is really stressing us out :(

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:04 am

Posts merged.

NeOScout
Newly Registered

Post by NeOScout » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:39 am

Damn, that must be super upsetting..

Now I'm wondering.. my photos don't have a timestamp either.. :S Are there any tips to maybe how to better do the photos and everything? Imho you've provided quite a lot of evidence, my wife and I use facebook and skype too, to communicate, wonder how it should be done correctly so it's not "unsatisfying" :S

Hope you get it this time! What did you actually do different this time as opposed to the last time? Just more photos and more chat logs?

Aboldizsar
Newly Registered

Post by Aboldizsar » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:18 pm

hey ! the last time I applied I gave them loads of pictures and about 6 snapshots of us talking and whatsapp call logs from june-August. this time I submitted the same pictures but a bit more from the wedding ( I still have no timeline for the photos because that's impossible and makes no sense to me ) and I've sent them over 100 pages of us talking via Facebook, whatsapp and Instagram everyday from November 2015-September 2016. I hope that's enough for them ....if not my husband and I will have to seek professional help because this is ridiculous.

noajthan

Re: EEA Family Permit refusal - no grounds to appeal

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Aboldizsar wrote:What do we do if they refuse us again without the right to appeal? We were thinking that he should come to Trinidad and we travel back to uk together without the family permit, will that be a better idea? This is really stressing us out :(
If you turn up at the border (as UK is visafree for Trinidad citizens) you will in effect be making a FP application at the border so you will have to carry and present all the FP-related evidence to the IO.

You can get a steer on how guard/IO will question and treat you from this UK BF Ops Manual, here:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ndents.pdf
- section 5.5

Aboldizsar
Newly Registered

what to do if EEA Family Permit keeps being refused?

Post by Aboldizsar » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:10 pm

mAny husband and I have only been refused once but we just re-applied last week and we were thinking about what we should do if they decide to refuse us again for a stupid reason. we didn't even get the right to appeal . where do we have to go or who do we have to contact? he's Hungarian and a permanent resident in UK for 10 years , I'm Trinitarian.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: what to do if EEA Family Permit keeps being refused?

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:25 pm

Aboldizsar wrote:mAny husband and I have only been refused once but we just re-applied last week and we were thinking about what we should do if they decide to refuse us again for a stupid reason. we didn't even get the right to appeal . where do we have to go or who do we have to contact? he's Hungarian and a permanent resident in UK for 10 years , I'm Trinitarian.
Your religious beliefs won't have any bearing on your FP application. What was the reason for refusing the previous application?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Aboldizsar
Newly Registered

Post by Aboldizsar » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:30 pm

marriage of convenience- they weren't satisfied with the wedding photos and they were unable to put a timeline on all the photographs that we provided . they also weren't satisfied with the call logs or conversations that we provided.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:47 pm

Posts merged.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:47 pm

Reading your previous posts, I believe you mean you are Trinidadian, not Trinitarian. :|

Ensure you submit strong evidence of your relationship. FP applications are frequently refused the first time.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Aboldizsar
Newly Registered

Post by Aboldizsar » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:50 pm

Casa wrote:Reading your previous posts, I believe you mean you are Trinidadian, not Trinitarian. :|

Ensure you submit strong evidence of your relationship. FP applications are frequently refused the first time.

yes sorry im Trinidadian lol

we submitted way more conversations, so hopefully we get it this time

Aboldizsar
Newly Registered

Post by Aboldizsar » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:05 pm

*update*

my.husband and I were interviewed by phone today and everything went smoothly and they told us we will hear from the shortly ...

I hope we get a yes this time!

Aboldizsar
Newly Registered

Post by Aboldizsar » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:08 am

*update*

my family permit application was successful on 4th Oct 2016 and it has been dispatched to Trinidad. I can't wait to see my husband. good luck to everyone!

Aboldizsar
Newly Registered

Arriving in UK before visa valid from date ???

Post by Aboldizsar » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:45 pm

hi everyone!

my husband and I got so excited when we got the email informing us of our successful family permit application that we bought my ticket immediately for the 17th October . I just received my passport today and it says valid from 20th October. will Will this be a problem? Will they send me back ? I'm from a country that doesn't need a visa to visit UK by the way , for 6 months legally.

thanks in advance !