ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN Form BC - Referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Xuan2014
Newly Registered

AN Form BC - Referees

Post by Xuan2014 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:41 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding:

5. Referees and Identity

My question is:

I have one referee from my GP. Hope this will meet the criteria of "One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, such as a minister of religion, civil servant or a member of a professional body, e.g. accountant or solicitor (but not representing you with this application)." according to the requirement of AN Form - BC

But I have a question regarding the second referee: My second referee is a Pub Manager in one the British Pubs. He is a British National. He is happy to act as a referee on my behalf, but the problem is about the Passport Number that is asked in the Application Form. His Passport is expired and is sent for renewal. Now my question is:

Can I still give his name as a referee?
What about the Passport Number as his Passport is expired?

Please, advice.

Kind Regards,

noajthan

Re: AN Form BC - Referees

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:49 pm

State "details available on request" (or submit old passport number) or find another referee.

References are not routinely taken up.
If HO is not satisfied with a referee they will request another nominee.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:55 am

Also pub landlord is also a professional referee in case GP doesn't count (I seem to remember someone saying they don't)

Xuan2014
Newly Registered

Post by Xuan2014 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:29 am

Hi all,

I am wondering why GP (Doctor) doesn't count as a referee? Please, advice.

Regards,

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:34 am

Xuan2014 wrote:Hi all,

I am wondering why GP (Doctor) doesn't count as a referee? Please, advice.

Regards,
You'd have to ask the Home Office why they dropped them from the official list - however people still seem to be accepted with GPs as referees. http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 68245.html

Just saying pub landlord ALSO counts as professional/person of high standing in the community in this context. Both mine were professional as such although one is retired which I think is only accepted for passport applications.

On a related note I haven't looked very hard but I have never heard of a single instance of referees being contacted.

As for their passport number I'm not sure details available on request would work since their passport is expired and requesting the number won't make it not expired?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:29 am

In this case, Details on request simply buys time whilst passport is being renewed.

Regarding doctors, BMA or GMC apparently did not want medics' time spent on refereeing:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 68245.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.