ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) - Clarification on form Section 7.3A & Section 12.5

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fahmad

FLR (M) - Clarification on form Section 7.3A & Section 12.5

Post by fahmad » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:49 pm

Hello

I am applying using my sole salary (as applicant) to meet the financial requirements under category A as I have been working for more than 6 months with my current employer earning above the requirement and have the documents.

I have no dependents applying with me and for avoidance of doubt both my partner and I do not have any children (and no previous children from different relationships either nor did we have any previous relationships).

Section 7.3A
Column about my sponsor can be left blank as I have seen in these forums that this is what that has been advised, guessing this is the case? My sponsor works but as I already meet this requirement myself, there is no need for my sponsor's employment to be included.

Question 1: Please confirm this approach is still acceptable to keep the 'sponsor column' blank?

Then we have two check boxes:

When combined does your annual income and your sponsor’s annual income from current employment meet or exceed the nancial requirement you must meet?
Yes or No

I guess I can just tick YES on this as this is true, 'combined' in this sense would just be mine as my partner's is left blank?

Question 2: Is ticking Yes the right option (as opposed to blank)?

You or your sponsor must have been employed by the same employer for 6 months prior to
the application and your combined total earnings must meet the speci ed amount at 7.3A (xiv) for this 6 month period. If not, does you and your sponsors income from salaried employment received in the 12 months prior to application meet or exceed the nancial requirement you must meet?
Yes or No

Question 3: Do I leave this blank or tick Yes? I am inclined to leave blank because the last sentence goes "If not" which in my case does not apply thus no need to answer this question. I am only supplying 8 months worth of payslip, 6 being the requirement and two as FYI but even in that period I have earned beyond the requirement, so there is "no harm" ticking yes as in the last 8 months [thus applies if 12 months] prior to application I have earned above £18,600, although I do think this is not applicable to me under Cat A - this is really a Cat B question, please advice whether to tick Yes/leave blank

Section 12.5

It jumps straight from asking questions about my passports to dependent, without saying If you are applying with dependents....
Do I need to fill in anything on section 12.5

12.5 Have you enclosed the current Passport, travel document of national identity card for a dependant?
12.5.1 Which document are you providing? (please tick at least one box)
Passport Travel document National identity card None

Question 4: It says please tick at least one box. Do I leave blank for the whole 12.5 section or do I at least tick None for 12.5.1? Although ticking None to me feels like I have a dependent but can't provide any documents! Confused. Can someone help?

Thank you so much!!!

fahmad

Re: FLR (M) - Clarification on form Section 7.3A & Section 1

Post by fahmad » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:00 pm

Realised no one replied to me but thought it would be helpful for those in similar situation. I got my second extension approved today at Croydon PSC.

So the answers to my questions are the same of what I had thought.

As I qualified for the financial requirement myself under category A as I have been with my same employer for at least 6 months earning the same annual gross salary (above £18,600 as applying solely with no dependants), I left my sponsor's column blank.

In addition, the question about "when combined do you meet or exceed the financial requirement", I ticked yes.

The following question to this was that something in the lines of you need to have been with the same employer for at least 6 months earning the salary you noted in the table, if not has your income in the last 12 months meet or exceed the requirement. I did not tick yes or no on the basis it said "If not", suggesting this was a Category B question, therefore not applicable to those under Category A.

My last question about section 12.5 on dependants, the question is not clear to say you should still answer or not about it if you do not have dependents, the language does not state "If you are applying with dependents, ...." but straight jumps and assumes you are applying with dependents. In this instance, I left 12.5 section blank as it was not applicable to me as I did not have any applicants.

I did not have any cover letter nor made any notes in my applications. Not saying you should do this, but it went ok for me.

Hope this helps - I just thought it would be helpful as some of my questions have been asked before but people have ignored or no one updated what they went through, so at least people can search now and be comfortable. Good luck!

Maxine99
Newly Registered

Post by Maxine99 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:40 pm

Hi, please can you help list out the supporting Documents used, as i am about to apply next week

I will appreciate your reply

many thanks

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:24 am

I used the link below as a guideline:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf

You can also search the forum, there is number of threads where people listing the docs they submitted.

Hope it helps

Albert Einstein