ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong name in biometrics letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Federal

Wrong name in biometrics letter

Post by Federal » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:18 pm

Hey folks,

I'm a bit stumped. After getting a DCPR in an erroneous name, and spending months trying to get the Home Office to amend it (with no success), I was advised to proceed with my naturalisation application using that DCPR and all my supporting IDs, and was told that the discrepancy would not have mattered as the caseworker would pick up the name in my passport (which is the correct one).

I was disappointed to receive an email as well as a request for biometics under the original incorrect name. I have emailed NationalityBiometrics, and it's been a week with no response or new biometrics letter. I am mindful of the 15-day window to submit the biometrics, which expires early next week. The Home Office phoneline is as useful as a wet sock, telling me to wait. I have involved my MP (since the beginning of the naming discrepancy) but there has been no tangible result out of that yet (his enquiry point was the one advising me to proceed with the application to begin with)

I want them to use my name as it is on my application, passport and ALL the documents I have submitted. How can I get through to whoever it is who sends these letters, and get them to amend this?

It has been a frustrating year.