ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengin Visa - Multiple Entry and Duration of stay

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sshanmug

Schengin Visa - Multiple Entry and Duration of stay

Post by sshanmug » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:44 am

Hi,

I got Schengen Business VISA for 3 months and the duration is mentioned as 30 days. It is a multiple entry VISA. So can I visit Germany for 3 times
and each time can I stay for 30 days?

Kindly clarify

Thanks,
Shanmug

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:31 pm

You can visit Germany as many times as you like in those 3 months as long as each visit doesn't exceed 30 days.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:07 pm

But you must leave the Schengen area - not just Germany - at 30 days or before each time.

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:42 pm

No, you can visit Germany (schengen area) 3 times and stay 10 days each time. If you visit the Schengen area 3 times and stay 30 days each time, your total time spend within the schengen area will be 90 days within 3 months , which means you are in breach of your visa, seeing that your visa allows only for a accumulated stay of 30 days in total.
Correct me if i am wrong anyone.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:33 am

flyboy wrote:No, you can visit Germany (schengen area) 3 times and stay 10 days each time. If you visit the Schengen area 3 times and stay 30 days each time, your total time spend within the schengen area will be 90 days within 3 months , which means you are in breach of your visa, seeing that your visa allows only for a accumulated stay of 30 days in total.
Correct me if i am wrong anyone.
You are wrong. The 30 day limit is per trip. Furthermore you cannot spend more than 90 days in total in any 6 month period.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

sshanmug

Post by sshanmug » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:07 pm

Thanks for all your input.

Regards,
SShanmug

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:56 pm

Usually the 30 days is total duration in the entire 3 months period - not per trip! You can enter schegen area as many times you wish (if you have multiple entry visa) but your total stay in the schengen area must not exceed the time specified.

To be 100% sure, please check with embassy.

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:44 am

Rg1 is right - here's a link :

http://www.minbuza.nl/en/welcome/coming ... _visa.html

Have a look at the questions " how long is a visa valid for" and " I want to enter the Netherlands more than once. Can I do so?

sshanmug

Post by sshanmug » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:36 am

Hi All,

As I mentioned earlier , i have 3 months validity VISA but the duration is mentined as 30 days. During my last visit I stayed for 25 days and this time when I entered Germany, The immigration officer told me that I have only 5 days left and I cant stay more than 5 days in Germany.

Can anyone quote any reference from embassy which says that I can stay for 30 days each time when I visit Germany?

Thanks and Regards,
Senthil

mym
Member of Standing

Post by mym » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:40 pm

sshanmug wrote:Can anyone quote any reference from embassy which says that I can stay for 30 days each time when I visit Germany?
No, because as you have already been told, you can't.
--
Mark Y-M
London