ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2G switch or ICT up to 9 years - which is better

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kknew
Newly Registered

T2G switch or ICT up to 9 years - which is better

Post by kknew » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:24 pm

I came to UK under ICT visa in Feb 2013 from India. My visa is valid till Jan 2018 when I complete 5 years under the current visa. My salary (fixed part) is more than £120K but less than £155K. I want to reach ILR stage. As I understand, I have 2 options. Option 1 is to wait for the change in April 2017 when the 9 years validity of ICT will be available to people with salary above 120K. Option 2 is to convert to T2G. My questions are as follows:

1. Which option is better?
2. What is the likelihood of the change (ICT limit reduced to 120K for 9 years) to come through in April 2017. Is it just a formality of stamping or is it a mere proposal which still has to be voted and approved!
3. If I go back to India, surrender my ICT and reapply under T2G, with salary more than £155K.....is there a risk that the application gets rejected? The officer will say that you were under ICT and you are now applying under T2G.....which is circumventing the system? I mean is it perfectly lawful and logical to do this?

Many thanks for responses

Regards

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: T2G switch or ICT up to 9 years - which is better

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:47 pm

If your aim is to apply for ILR, then ICT is not an option. You cannot apply for ILR after completing 9 years on ICT visa. You will have to return to your home country. In such a case, shifting to a T2G visa is the only option as per current rules. As long as the documentation is proper and genuine, there should be no reason for rejection.

Anujvasu04
Newly Registered

Post by Anujvasu04 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:44 pm

Hi..

I'm on T2 ICT from OCT 2010..my visa was extended for another 5 years last year.
Now I'm looking to change my job and switch to T2 General.
Can you please answer following questions for me:

1) What will be validity of T2G visa in my case?
2) Will 6 year cap, from the date of issue of first ICT visa (Oct 2010) apply in my case? Or I'm exempted from it since I entered UK on ICT visa before April 2011?
3) Once I'm on T2G can I apply for ILR after completing 5 years?

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:53 pm

Anujvasu04 wrote:Hi..

I'm on T2 ICT from OCT 2010..my visa was extended for another 5 years last year.
Now I'm looking to change my job and switch to T2 General.
Can you please answer following questions for me:

1) What will be validity of T2G visa in my case?
Same as the COS duration
2) Will 6 year cap, from the date of issue of first ICT visa (Oct 2010) apply in my case? Or I'm exempted from it since I entered UK on ICT visa before April 2011?
Your 6 years will start from the day you get your T2G visa.
3) Once I'm on T2G can I apply for ILR after completing 5 years?
As per the current rules, Yes.