ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT (Established Staff)- Seeking information.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anujvasu04
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT (Established Staff)- Seeking information.

Post by Anujvasu04 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:02 pm

Hi Poper,
Can you please advise?

I'm on T2 ICT from OCT 2010..my visa was extended for another 5 years last year.
Now I'm looking to change my job and switch to T2 General.
Can you please answer following questions for me:

1) What will be validity of T2G visa in my case?
2) Will the 6 year cap, from the date of issue of first ICT visa apply in my case? Or I'm exempted from it since I entered UK on ICT visa before April 2011?
3) Once I'm on T2G can I apply for ILR after completing 5 years which also means completing more than 10 years in UK (combining ICT + T2G)

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT (Established Staff)- Seeking information.

Post by poper » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:44 pm

Anujvasu04 wrote:Hi Poper,
Can you please advise?

I'm on T2 ICT from OCT 2010..my visa was extended for another 5 years last year.
Now I'm looking to change my job and switch to T2 General.
Can you please answer following questions for me:

1) What will be validity of T2G visa in my case?
You can work on a T2G for up to 6 years from the date of your switch
2) Will the 6 year cap, from the date of issue of first ICT visa apply in my case? Or I'm exempted from it since I entered UK on ICT visa before April 2011?
See response for 1
3) Once I'm on T2G can I apply for ILR after completing 5 years which also means completing more than 10 years in UK (combining ICT + T2G)
Yes, either on 5 years T2G or 10 years long residence assuming you satisfy prevailing conditions when you apply

I see you have posted the above questions in multiple threads which is unnecessary. Please refrain in future.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.