ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Application - Salary and Payslips

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

matt14

Spouse Visa Application - Salary and Payslips

Post by matt14 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:46 pm

Hi there,

So I'm all set to apply for my wife's spouse visa and today my final payslip arrives which has to be submitted with the application and turns out the payroll department made an error and thus my salary has gone below 1550, its 1543.

I work in retail and have been with the same employer since the past 8 months. With my full time 40hrs contract, my basic salary is 1620 per month and only goes below that amount if i have a sick day and goes above that amount if i have overtime. In the past 6 months, my payslips show the following salary per month:
November: 1969
December: 1736
January: 1613
February: 1776
March: 1597 (a wrong deduction made by the employer that was to be fixed in April)
April: 1543 (the March deduction wasn't fixed and I had one sick day which was deducted)

Now, I'm relying on Category A in the application and don't really know if its safe to apply as the error made in this month's salary can only be fixed in next month's payslip and I was planning to apply in the next 2 weeks.

Could anybody shed some light here please? Moderators?
Will the ECO be considering my employment as salaried or non-salaried?
How will the calculation be done?
What can i do to fix the situation?

Thanks!

SoHopeful

Re: Spouse Visa Application - Salary and Payslips

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:24 am

Non salaried employment is where you are paid by the hour or 'per job', etc. If you are paid an hourly rate the dip below £1550 won't matter as the calculation for non salaried is just working out the average earned over the 6 months prior to application.

If you are paid £1620 as annual salary paid each month then you will need something in writing from your employer highlighting the error to cover yourself.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:25 pm

My understanding for variable earnings is that the lowest paid month in the 6 month qualifying period will be used for the calculation and multiplied by 12 to give the annual qualifying income.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

matt14

Post by matt14 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:18 pm

Thank you for the kind reply. I am paid by the hour with a fixed hourly rate and my contract shows my hourly rate based on 40 contracted hours per week. Which is why my monthly salary fluctuates with overtime. Does that mean It is considered as non-salaried employment?
SoHopeful wrote:Non salaried employment is where you are paid by the hour or 'per job', etc. If you are paid an hourly rate the dip below £1550 won't matter as the calculation for non salaried is just working out the average earned over the 6 months prior to application.

If you are paid £1620 as annual salary paid each month then you will need something in writing from your employer highlighting the error to cover yourself.

matt14

Post by matt14 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:22 pm

Thank you, Casa. I have the same understanding which is why I'm in such a state. But reading through the forum and the guidance notes on the financial requirement, i do understand that there is a different calculation for salaried and non-salaried.
Casa wrote:My understanding for variable earnings is that the lowest paid month in the 6 month qualifying period will be used for the calculation and multiplied by 12 to give the annual qualifying income.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:35 pm

If you're paid by the hour and these vary, you are non-salaried.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

matt14

Post by matt14 » Thu May 05, 2016 2:34 pm

Thanks, Casa. I've also asked my employer to give me a letter confirming that a mistake was made so all looks good at the moment.

matt14

Post by matt14 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:28 pm

Hi, I have a bit of confusion regarding VAF4A Appendix 2 on financial requirement.
3.3 From the list below, please indicate the main method of meeting the financial requirement.
Income from salaried employment in the UK - Cat A or Cat B.
As we decided above that my salary falls under non-salaried, do i select Cat B?
If it is Cat B, do i need to provide 12 months' payslips?

Furthermore,
3.11. What is your sponsor’s annual income from this employment before tax?
How do i answer this?

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:34 pm

matt14 wrote:Hi, I have a bit of confusion regarding VAF4A Appendix 2 on financial requirement.
3.3 From the list below, please indicate the main method of meeting the financial requirement.
Income from salaried employment in the UK - Cat A or Cat B.
As we decided above that my salary falls under non-salaried, do i select Cat B?
If it is Cat B, do i need to provide 12 months' payslips?

Furthermore,
3.11. What is your sponsor’s annual income from this employment before tax?
How do i answer this?
3.3 : Category A and it cover boht salaried and non slaried as long as you are with employer for 6 months or more

3.11: Add up last 6 months payslips, divide by 6 and multiply by 12 and that is your annual gross annual pay which you can put in there

matt14

Post by matt14 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:44 pm

Many thanks for the input!

adanmasood143
Newly Registered

Post by adanmasood143 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:31 pm

HI members and moderators,
I got a question here... ActuallY i will be putting my application in on 23 NOVEMBER.

MY PAY DATE IS 20TH OF EACH MONTH..

TO SATISFY THE RULES SHALL I HAVE TO SEND THE PAY SLIPS FROM (MAY TO OCTOBER) OR (JUNE TO NOV)

BECAUSE I AM CONCERNED I WOULD NOT BE HAVING THE NOVEMBER PAYSLIP BY 23RD OF NOVEMBER WHICH ACTUALLY COMES AT THE LAST OF EACH MONTH IN EMAIL.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT

LOOKING TO HEAR FROM SOMONE SOON

THANKS

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:55 pm

adanmasood143 wrote:HI members and moderators,
I got a question here... ActuallY i will be putting my application in on 23 NOVEMBER.

MY PAY DATE IS 20TH OF EACH MONTH..

TO SATISFY THE RULES SHALL I HAVE TO SEND THE PAY SLIPS FROM (MAY TO OCTOBER) OR (JUNE TO NOV)

BECAUSE I AM CONCERNED I WOULD NOT BE HAVING THE NOVEMBER PAYSLIP BY 23RD OF NOVEMBER WHICH ACTUALLY COMES AT THE LAST OF EACH MONTH IN EMAIL.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT

LOOKING TO HEAR FROM SOMONE SOON

THANKS

Is your mean that you get paid first then get payslip which is unusual.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

matt14

Post by matt14 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:52 am

I think the last payslip should not be more than 28 days old when you apply for a spouse visa.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:33 pm

matt14 wrote:I think the last payslip should not be more than 28 days old when you apply for a spouse visa.
Yes you are right but not only payslips but bank statements, employer letter too must not be older than 28 days.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.