ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Spain

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sudhy6
Newly Registered

Visa for Spain

Post by sudhy6 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:14 am

Hi there,

I have a schengen visa valid from the 12th of Feb to 12 th March. I obtained this visa to visit my Headoffice in Spain. I have now decided to quit. Just wanted to confirm that I will not be allowed to use that Visa to travel to Spain at all? Please note that I have the visit visa with 'estancia' as a remark on the sticker. Its such a shame I will not be able to use it at all. Thanks for your comments on that matter.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:29 pm

The visa is permission for you to enter Spain and has got nothing to do with your employer.

There is nothing stopping you from using the Schengen visa as long as it is valid.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

sudhy6
Newly Registered

Post by sudhy6 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:16 pm

Thanks a lot. But amongst the letter I submitted to the Spanish Embassy was my invitation letter from the Spanish Firm. If I do use this visa and travel to spain, will the immigration officers there not ask me what I am doing in their country if I am not working for the firm anymore? I would like to go to Spain cos that is a great opportunity for me, but not at the risk of having trouble with Immigration. Thanks for your advices.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:20 pm

The validity of your visa is not dependant on you still working for your firm. As long as you meet the normal entry requirements for Spain there is absolutely no reason why you cannot enter Spain for tourist purposes using a business visit visa.

By the way, I have visited Spain many times and my experience has been that most Spanish immigration officers can't speak a word of English so they are unlikely to even question you about your trip.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

sudhy6
Newly Registered

Post by sudhy6 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:25 pm

Thanks a lot for your precious advice, I think I will go in that case.