ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa - dependent - away for one year

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seth_pulse
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa - dependent - away for one year

Post by seth_pulse » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:59 am

Tier 2 visa

I am planning to apply for a dependent visa for with my partner (same sex) and I was wondering:

While i’m on the dependent visa (3-year), if i’m away from the UK for one year to do an MBA in France,

i) will there be an issue when it comes to extending the visa after 3 year? Or, should I wait until I almost finish my MBA to apply for the dependent visa?

ii) if I end up getting sponsorship myself during the three-year period, will I have an issue obtaining independent sponsorship? given the period away from the UK.
… obviously getting an independent sponsorship at some point would be advantageous in case my partner employer is not willing to help extend the visa.

iii) If I were to wait to finish my MBA to apply for the dependent visa to be with my parter, will I have to apply from my 'home country', i.e. australia, or can I appy from France where I do my MBA.

seth_pulse
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 visa - dependent - away for one year

Post by seth_pulse » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:47 am

iv) Also, will being away impact my ILR in the future?

seth_pulse
Newly Registered

Post by seth_pulse » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:40 pm

Can anyone help plzzz ?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:54 am

no problem if u leave for a year.. especially if it will be france, if u have dependent visa, u can visit often.
if u plan on getting own tier 2, it will have to be from home country. doesnt matter if u had dependent visa before or not.
ilr will depend on your partner (main applicant status and him getting the ilr). the rules change all the time and u cant predict that far.
as rules stand right now, if ur partner gets ilr, and u have been his dependent all along, then after 5 years u get ilr too.