ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying british citizenship for wife and kids

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kartt_in
Newly Registered

Applying british citizenship for wife and kids

Post by Kartt_in » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:37 pm

Hello,

I am planning to apply for british citizenship for my wife and kids, please suggest me with time frame whether i can apply for the same or do i need to wait?

I got my british citizenship and passport couple of yrs before. My wife and kids are also living with me for more than 3 yrs. Last year wife and kids got ILR in Nov. 25th 2015.

My question is, since they lived in UK for more than 3 yrs can I apply for british critizenship or do i need to wait till Nov 25th 2016 to apply for the same?

Any help appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying british citizenship for wife and kids

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:40 pm

They can apply now if they meet all the standard requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:22 pm

Wife can as spouse of a BC apply without waiting 12 months on ILR but what about children?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:28 pm

Noetic wrote:Wife can as spouse of a BC apply without waiting 12 months on ILR but what about children?
Nope, no specific period is stipulated for freedom from immigration time restrictions for minors.

In context of foreign-born 3(1) registrations, older teens may be expected to have 2 years time-served in UK;
no such requirements for younger minors.

So OP's minors appear to have aced it.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.