ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse via, Appendix 2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse via, Appendix 2

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:59 pm

seagul wrote:I think you have been perfectly answered by seniors already. Until getting decree absolute you are still considered married so if you married before getting decree absolute then your most recent marriage (3rd) won't be legally recognized.
I found this confusing...but I believe it's the second marriage which won't be recognised. The third appears to be legal.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:06 pm

Casa wrote:
seagul wrote:I think you have been perfectly answered by seniors already. Until getting decree absolute you are still considered married so if you married before getting decree absolute then your most recent marriage (3rd) won't be legally recognized.
I found this confusing...but I believe it's the second marriage which won't be recognised. The third appears to be legal.
Casa, Many thanks again for your response.

If the 2nd marriage is not recognised in the UK why do I have to submit the divorce certificate for the 2nd marriage when applying for a spouse visa for my 3rd wife? I envisage it will be irrelevant, don't you think?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:45 pm

To be honest, I'm undecided.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:58 am

Casa wrote:To be honest, I'm undecided.
So, if the 2nd marriage is not valid and it's not recognised in the UK law, by putting the date I entered this marriage, clearly the immigration officer will realise that I have entered the 2nd marriage before the 1st was finalised. Would this cause any issue to me or on the application??? I will provide the decree absulote for both my 1st & 2nd marriage.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:36 am

IMHO it shouldn't, as it doesn't affect the decision on this application.
(Casa, not CR001)

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:38 am

Casa wrote:IMHO it shouldn't, as it doesn't affect the decision on this application.
Many thanks CASA again for your response.

When I got married the 2nd time we (my ex & I) didn't register the marriage at all, it was unofficial marriage, when I got my decree absolute from my 1st marriage we then registered the marriage in 2014, the register employee advised us to register the marriage on the day with kind of agreement from both of us as a wife and husband that the marriage was exist just a week before she got pregnant so the baby won't have issues with the authority, so he back dated the marriage 9 month and 1 week before the baby's birth.

2 copies of the marriage certificate were issued to my ex later on stating that we got marriage in 2014 and on the 2nd page it stated that the marriage was existing in 2013, that was before my final divorce from my 1st wife.

Unfortunately, I didn't get my original copy of the marriage certificate, my 2nd ex kept the 2 copies both and refused to give me my copy thinking that if I can't proof to the British authority that we got married after divorcing my 1st wife this will lead my to be persecuted. The original marriage certificate can't be reissued, and the computer certificate version only states the 2013 date.

I have got an official document confirmation from the authority to confirm that the marriage was in 2014 and I have also certified the document from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to legalise the use of it abroad.

Now, in appendix 2, as a sponsor, shall I state the 2014 date for my 2nd marriage and enclose the original document after having it translated to English and then explain it all in Part 5 of the appendix? Or shall I just state the 2013 date before my 1st marriage was dissolved

I have stated in the appendix my child's full details even though he is not registered in the UK.

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:12 pm

Any help guys with the above dilemma!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:52 pm

Too complex for me to comment.
(Casa, not CR001)

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:24 pm

Casa wrote:Too complex for me to comment.
CASA, thanks for your effort in helping me out.

As you have mentioned previously that it won't matter if I have entered the 2nd marriage before my 1st was finalised or not and I won't be facing any prescription from the British Authorities when it comes to their attention as the 2nd marriage took place in a country that allows men to have more than one wife at once and taking into account that the 2nd marriage is already ended by court besides I have entered my 3rd marriage after both the 1st&2nd marriages were dissolved, do you think that the case worker will be affected by the 2nd marriage when making the decision on my 3rd wife's application!

I have been betrayed and badly treated by my 2nd ex and her family, all they wanted is to get to Britain to settle and put me into trouble and make my life miserable.

Please guys any response will be highly appropriated.

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:41 pm

5am1224 wrote:

As you have mentioned previously that it won't matter if I have entered the 2nd marriage before my 1st was finalised or not and I won't be facing any prescription from the British Authorities when it comes to their attention as the 2nd marriage took place in a country that allows men to have more than one wife at once and taking into account that the 2nd marriage is already ended by court besides I have entered my 3rd marriage after both the 1st&2nd marriages were dissolved, do you think that the case worker will be affected by the 2nd marriage when making the decision on my 3rd wife's application!

I have been betrayed and badly treated by my 2nd ex and her family, all they wanted is to get to Britain to settle and put me into trouble and make my life miserable.

Anyone able to help guys!!!

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:37 pm

5am1224 wrote:

Still need your help guys.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:10 pm

In a lot of countries the law allows more than 1+ wives if you can physically & financially afford that. I know few people who has wife in UK and other wife & kids in their homeland but I haven't seen them to apply their spouse visa rather they prefer to visit them personally so no experience. But UKBA only allows one wife at one time.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:03 am

seagul wrote:In a lot of countries the law allows more than 1+ wives if you can physically & financially afford that. I know few people who has wife in UK and other wife & kids in their homeland but I haven't seen them to apply their spouse visa rather they prefer to visit them personally so no experience. But UKBA only allows one wife at one time.
Seagul, thanks for your response.
I only have one wife so I should be ok then.

Has anyone of those people registered the kids in the UK even though they have wife in Britain! And if they have registered the kids, did they enculd their homeland marriage certificate? I mean, if the British authority find out that they have a 2nd wife, does this cause any issues with the UK law?

Many thanks in advance.

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:55 pm

5am1224 wrote:
seagul wrote:In a lot of countries the law allows more than 1+ wives if you can physically & financially afford that. I know few people who has wife in UK and other wife & kids in their homeland but I haven't seen them to apply their spouse visa rather they prefer to visit them personally so no experience. But UKBA only allows one wife at one time.

Has anyone of those people registered the kids in the UK even though they have wife in Britain! And if they have registered the kids, did they enculd their homeland marriage certificate? I mean, if the British authority find out that they have a 2nd wife, does this cause any issues with the UK law?

Many thanks in advance.
Anyone else could help please!!!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:17 pm

5am1224 wrote:
5am1224 wrote:

Many thanks in advance.
Anyone else could help please!!!
Such cases exist very seldom but the few ones I seen they don't care or apply spouse visa for the wife in their homeland neither bring children here rather themselves very frequently visit them. On the other hand their 2nd wife in UK usually already settled in uk who don't need visa, that's how people wanting 1+ wife work out. But if spouse is subject to immigration control either inside/outside of uk willing to come/remain in uk then has to fulfil the uk's foremost requirement which is one wife per time and for next wife the previous relationship must be ended through decree absolute.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:27 pm

Guys, I will be including an official marriage statement document confirming that my 2nd marriage was after my 1st marriage ended. And because I know that my 2nd ex wife had submitted a copy of the marriage certificate showing only the ammended marriage before I got my decree absolute from my 1st marriage, shall I explain the whole situation in part5 in the appendix or because the 2nd marriage is already ended it will be irrelevant?

My decree absolute for both 1st and 2nd marriage will be submitted with the application form.

I am applying for my 3rd wife for spouse visa,and yes I have entered the 3rd marriage after I got both of my decree absolute.

Please guys any help/advise will be appreciated.