ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Special Need child now adult

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukdreamer

Special Need child now adult

Post by ukdreamer » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:34 pm

Hello, My daughter was a child when she arrived in UK 2008, in 2010 she got viral infection, due to this she got brain injury, since then she is going to special need school and a wheel chair user, now she is 19yrs, i am applying Naturalization now, I am not sure what are the documents i need submit along with the application to application go through! any advice helpful.

Thank you

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: Special Need child now adult

Post by Noetic » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:30 am

What is your/her nationality and visa status? As she's an adult now does she have ILR/PR?

ukdreamer

Post by ukdreamer » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:52 pm

Sorry, for not providing those information in first place. All family member(4) having Indian passport and we are in ILR status.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:51 pm

Has she passed the LITUK test and English test or is she exempt due to disability?

To prove residence documents from her school would be good, although her passport should technically suffice to prove residence. The requirements have changed since I applied and they now ask about evis of NI contributions although this obviously wouldn't apply to someone still in school.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:55 pm

For exemption from LIUK and English requirement, you/she would need to submit medical evidence of the disability to claim exemption.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ukdreamer

Post by ukdreamer » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:12 pm

She was a normal mindset until Year 9 and now she still study in the school, so i don't think Life in the UK exam applied to her. Since she has short memory problem, i can provide school and GP letter. my concern is, since she is more than 18yrs old, UKBA will make any issue to grant citizenship?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:57 pm

She naturalised as an adult and needs 5 years residence and one year in ILR.

Why do you think there will be an issue? HO cannot discriminate, it is illegal to do so.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ukdreamer

Post by ukdreamer » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:06 pm

Well, i am not thinking that they might rejected. but i am just confused with the documentations. Since she studying in the UK, still she need to take Life in the UK test? (i am asking letter from school and GP).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:11 am

Any applicant over the age of 18 has to do the LIUK and meet the English B1. Just being 'still in school' does not exempt an 18 year old and over from the requirements.

Unless she has medical evidence with a condition HO will accept to exempt her, she will have to write the test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)