ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC after ILR (6 year DLR based on Article 8 spouse of BC)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ATADP
Newly Registered
India

BC after ILR (6 year DLR based on Article 8 spouse of BC)

Post by ATADP » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:11 am

Hi All,
I have been following this forum for sometime now. I wonder if someone will be able to give me an advice. Below is my timeline:-

> Met my partner August 1995
> Arrived in UK June 1997 (clandestine)
> Did not claim asylum but used an ID to survive
> Declared all to Home Office in 2010
> Applied for DLR June 2010
> Received DLR August 2010
> Applied renewal of DLR 2013
> Received Extension DLR August 2013
> Applied ILR June 2016
> Received ILR August 2016

Few foot notes, never claimed benefits, have an immigration offence, all accepted by HO. Still with the same partner BC 21 years on, married now.

My question is (although I am somewhat resigned to this fact) will my application for BC be denied until June 2020 due to not being here legally up until June 2010 :!:
Or there will be some consideration for 20 years in UK next year.

I know if you are married to BC and have ILR you do not have to wait 12 months to apply for BC :?:

Hola2015

Re: BC after ILR (6 year DLR based on Article 8 spouse of BC

Post by Hola2015 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:24 pm

ATADP wrote:Hi All,
I have been following this forum for sometime now. I wonder if someone will be able to give me an advice. Below is my timeline:-

> Met my partner August 1995
> Arrived in UK June 1997 (clandestine)
> Did not claim asylum but used an ID to survive
> Declared all to Home Office in 2010
> Applied for DLR June 2010
> Received DLR August 2010
> Applied renewal of DLR 2013
> Received Extension DLR August 2013
> Applied ILR June 2016
> Received ILR August 2016

Few foot notes, never claimed benefits, have an immigration offence, all accepted by HO. Still with the same partner BC 21 years on, married now.

My question is (although I am somewhat resigned to this fact) will my application for BC be denied until June 2020 due to not being here legally up until June 2010 :!: Probably yes, I think you have to wait for 10 years from the time you came to the attention of the HO
Or there will be some consideration for 20 years in UK next year. I do not think this is the case

I know if you are married to BC and have ILR you do not have to wait 12 months to apply for BC :?:
Yes, but only if such person has been in the UK legally i suppose. You may want to wait for others to respond also.

ATADP
Newly Registered
India

Post by ATADP » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:48 am

Thank you Hola2015. Appreciate your response.
:cry:
Anyone else has thoughts or experiences or stories!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:31 am

Hola2015 is correct that you will not qualify until 10 years after the date you first came to the attention of the Home Office, which in your case will be June 2020.

There is no '20 year' concession for BC
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.