ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parking tickets - ILR and Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nextinline
Newly Registered

Parking tickets - ILR and Naturalisation

Post by nextinline » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi,

I got my ILR last year and this is what the form says about speeding and parking tickets

Note: You must give details of all criminal convictions, including spent convictions. This includes
convictions for road traffic offences, including drink-driving offences, but not fixed penalty notices
(such as speeding or parking tickets).

Because there were no convictions against me, I didn't declare my parking tickets that I got before my ILR. But now I am preparing to apply for my naturalisation next week and want to declare them. My specific question is :

Is it ok to declare them now as I haven't declared them at the time of my ILR as it wasn't necessary ? Or will it considered as hiding of information as it wasn't declared at the time of ILR ?

Thanks,
J

nextinline
Newly Registered

Re: Parking tickets - ILR and Naturalisation

Post by nextinline » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:59 am

No suggestions or opinions ? Moderators ?

cyborg001

Re: Parking tickets - ILR and Naturalisation

Post by cyborg001 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:10 am

ILR doesn't require so you don't declare.

Naturalisation does but one-off's are ignored I believe so you declare to be prudent on your side.