ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - Cash saving to meet financial requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

poiuy
Newly Registered

FLR(M) - Cash saving to meet financial requirement

Post by poiuy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:13 am

Hi all,

I plan on applying for my spouse visa renewal by the end of this year.
I am just running through an mental check for the financial requirement...
Please read to see if I am thinking straight and ticked every box?

I plan to apply using my earning and my cash saving. (non- from my husband, reason given at the end).

We have no children, just a couple living together with a mortgage to pay. So need to meet "Gross level of financial requirement" at 18600 GBP.

My personal earnings about 30K a year (before tax)
I had been employed by this company just over 4 years.
Joint mortgage with my husband - around £1400 GBP per month.
Council tax - £60.

I have savings about $39.8K USD that had been sitting in one of my bank account.
Reading Appendix FM Section 1.7 in 3.5.1. page 13
This meant I can use saving in foreign currency. Just have to use the rate on Oanda to convert it. That makes my saving worth around 29.9K in GBP.

Reading Appendix FM Section 1.7...page 46-47
(x minus 16,000) divided by 2.5 = y

That's leads me to get: Income needed from other sources: £13040 GBP
So looping this back to my earning, I do earn more than this amount (30K)
Am I correct?

I will need to submit:
6 monthes of Bank statement showing the $ 39.8K USD being sitting there untouched
6 monthes of Payslip from my company
6 monthes of Bank Statement showing me being paid by my company
Letter from my company showing my pay and employment status
P60

And hopefully home office will just say yes this is fine in one go.

Reason I do not plan on using my husband's earning/savings.
My husband is self employed (he owns a limited company) - a contractor.

Please laugh as I am really dumb when it comes to this - I had read on the forum on the cases people asked; husband had explain how ltd and contractors work and why - several times...
I still don't feel I understood the situation fully...I don't even know document wise what to submit!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) - Cash saving to meet financial requirement

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:20 am

You don't need savings if YOU meet the financial requirements on your own to renew your spouse visa.

Your partner's income does not have to be used (again).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

poiuy
Newly Registered

Post by poiuy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:30 am

CR001 wrote:You don't need savings if YOU meet the financial requirements on your own to renew your spouse visa.

Your partner's income does not have to be used (again).

I thought i need to meet the financial requirement including to my mortgage (Total of 1400 - I pay about half but it goes out from husband's bank account. Not my bank account)
Living cost such as council tax and what home office deem required per month etc. All in all I thought to meet the requirement I need that saving...?

Would you mind point me to which document I missed/ misunderstood...Thanks

Edit:

Basically I thought to Home office it looks like i have alot of financial requirement - money going Out. So i thought I need to meet it... The fact that I omit my husband's financial contribution completely from my application. Makes it looks like i need to foot all these financial requirement.
Last edited by poiuy on Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:35 am

HO don't care about your outgoings. Adequate maintenance is under the old pre July 2012 rules and not applicable to the new financial requirement of £18,600pa that has to be met.

HO only want to see evidence of 6 months salary.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

poiuy
Newly Registered

Post by poiuy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:52 am

CR001 wrote:HO don't care about your outgoings. Adequate maintenance is under the old pre July 2012 rules and not applicable to the new financial requirement of £18,600pa that has to be met.

HO only want to see evidence of 6 months salary.
Thanks alot! I must had mixed up my understanding from the old rules (had been applying for visa for way too long and not able to be on ILR)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:52 am

What is your immigration history?

How long have you been on a spouse visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

poiuy
Newly Registered

Post by poiuy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:30 pm

CR001 wrote:What is your immigration history?

How long have you been on a spouse visa?
Thanks for asking. I had hold my spouse visa since 2014. It was issued for 2.5 years.

Funny you asked as I was just quickly reading through the latest copy of the form. I wonder what should I put down for "When did you first enter the UK?"

My immigration history...
I entered UK on a dependent visa in 2002. (at the time parents work here) 4 years
Then I switched to student visa (no qualify for the ILR application at the time) 5 years.
I then applied and received post study work visa. 2 years.
Got a job here that pay the right amount and willing to sponsor. I switched to work visa in early 2013.
2014 I switched to spouse visa.

It goes back 14 years. But last time i spoke to a immigration solicitor and they checked my case I am not eligible for ILR application on my record (complication was pointed out.. I do not wish to discuss further or push for the application) (just checked I had asked this ILR question before on the forum and received similar advise which i think shows the forum is pretty good at giving advise)