ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jade78uk
Newly Registered

Passport

Post by Jade78uk » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:26 pm

Good morning all,

It seem like I am full of questions so here’s another one:

I submitted my EEA PR ( I am an EEA citizen ) application on the 8th of Aug 2016 – Submitted my bank statements, council tax bill, employer contract – All going back 5 years. I submitted my passport as well.

All my documents submitted show my new name except on my passport so included my deed poll, but they raised the application in my old name as they won’t accept the new name on application due to passport carries old name.
They will consider my application but in my “old name” which is fine.
Here is my question:
My application is still under review so I have now made an appointment with the embassy to get a new passport in my new name – what should I do, just submit my new passport to the home office explaining why?? Just when they approve me EEA PR I would like it to be in new passport.

Thanks you all. Have a great weekend

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Passport

Post by ohara » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:34 pm

Do you mean you want the PR document to be in your new name?

Jade78uk
Newly Registered

Post by Jade78uk » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:45 am

Hi Ohara

No decision has been made yet from homeoffice. Applied in my new name but they raised the case in old name due to its still being reflected in passport. Even though I enclosed my deed poll.

All document enclosed show my new name only old passport shows old name.

I am wondering can I submit my new passport now before decision is made so they can issue PR in my new name and new passport and reflect the application to my new name.

Can I submit or should it just leave it???

Thank you so much

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:23 am

You should have waited until you had your new passport before you submitted the application I think. UKVI and HMPO are very fussy when it comes to names matching across documentation.

Also, the "PR" isn't issued "in" your passport. It's a separate document.