ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel while awaiting my PR? and other questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinny

Re: Dual citizen of EEA and non-EEA, submitting passports

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:40 pm

vinny wrote:
vinny wrote:
noajthan wrote:@zoefr, do stop posting multiple topics.
You are breaching Board T&Cs.

There are hundreds of questions in the PR form and we cannot fill the forum with questions on each one :!:

:arrow: Kindly continue in existing, now-combined topic:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 16692.html
Repeated
Repeated
Repeated
Repeated

L.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

noajthan

Re: Can I travel while awaiting my PR? and other questions

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:19 pm

Suggest applying using earlier form instead of agonising over each question in the current, 'monster' form.

Take a look at this PR form a member has compiled by mashing a previous/simpler PR form with the up-to-date HO contact and other details:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/128 ... ple_v2.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

zoefr
Newly Registered

Council Tax

Post by zoefr » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:07 pm

There are some contradictory opinions on this.

Is the "one single adult 25% discount" a tax council reduction, a tax council benefit or neither in terms of the PR application, specifically section 16, question 16.1?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Council Tax

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:09 pm

It's a reduction...not a benefit (Public fund).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zoefr
Newly Registered

Post by zoefr » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:04 pm

I don't get this forum's mods.

What is the point of combining questions under a user's thread? It goes against one topic per thread. It is not useful to others. Why do this?

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:32 pm

I think usually it's one thread per question but if someone asks an unusually large number of questions regarding one topic in (in this case all relating to the EEA PR application), it probably makes more sense to keep it all in this user's thread as the whole first page of the forum topic would otherwise only be packed with one user's questions.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:44 pm

Its not about the mods, its about the forum rules;
that's the ones you read when you signed up.

There are rules and requirements expected of a Board member, just as there are for visa, EEA and naturalisation applications.

Think of rules here as a practice run for complying with the real thing.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:50 pm

...and to save anyone from having to ask...the Moderators don't set the forum rules.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:59 pm

It takes some getting used to because almost all other forums expect you to add to threads on the same topic rather than start your own. However with immigration matters it really helps if people can see all your info and issues in one thread as that means anyone responding can see the whole picture on the person's immigration status, nationality and application they're working on.

zoefr
Newly Registered

Post by zoefr » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I understand and agree that if the applicant's specific background situation contributes to the complexity of the question then a 'personal' thread works best.

But surely in other cases (most?) it just leads to same questions being asked over and over again with valuable insight lost because it is in the seventeenth page of a random thread with a generic title. This also largely defeats search function's efficiency which is what every other forum encourages first, before just asking the same thing that has already been covered.

In my case, I asked highly specific questions which were not tied to individual cases but would be applicable to others in a similar position.

This forum has great information with very knowledgeable, patient, prompt user contribution but the posting logic is certainly chaotic.

Also, holy mother of bizarre ads.

Good weekend all!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:21 pm

Here's the thing: multiple posts

Common questions may make their way into FAQs in due course.