ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) dependent Visa for British Citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

indlak
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR (M) dependent Visa for British Citizen

Post by indlak » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:32 pm

Hi Everybody,
I have to extend my wife's leave to remain in the UK (FLR M). She first entered the country in Mar 2014 on a FLR M visa. Initially got the visa for 2.5 years. Now it's time to extend the visa. Do I have to provide the English Reuqirement documents again? Previously she got that requirement fulfilled using a Post graduate degree from Indian University (medium of instruction was English). Unfortunatley we don't have a NARICS equivalent for that. During Jan 2014 they did not ask for it. Can somebody please let me know whether she needs to write a CEFR level A1 test now?

Reagrds,
Kumar.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) dependent Visa for British Citizen

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:42 pm

When do you intend to apply for the FLR(M) extension? The UKVI have stated that from October 16 they intend to raise the required level of English to A2 for the second FLR(M) visa application. However, to the best of my knowledge the date for this hasn't yet been released.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf

A degree taught in English outside of the UK now requires a NARIC ELA.

For this application your wife will have to pay the NHS surcharge of £500 in addition to the visa fee.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

indlak
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by indlak » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:48 pm

Thanks Casa.
We have an appointment on 25th October and paid the NHS fees too! So now I need to get a NARIC ELA based on her education qualifications. That should suffice isn't it? Will that work or will they insist on English Level A1 exam please?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:20 pm

NARIC ELA will be fine.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

indlak
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by indlak » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:15 pm

Sorry to bother you Casa. Is it NARIC ELA (English Language assessment) or NARIC Statement of Comparability that I need? From the UKBA requirement documents it was mentioned like the below.

Alternatively, you can give evidence that you have an academic qualification that both:

was taught or researched in English
is recognised by UK NARIC as equivalent to a bachelor’s or master’s degree or PhD

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:24 pm

(Casa, not CR001)