ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

accommodation requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oluwatobii
Newly Registered

accommodation requirements

Post by oluwatobii » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:56 pm

i want to make enquiries abt the accommodation requirements we have to meet. My spouse is in the UK and i am in Nigeria hoping to relocate to be with her.
We want to share a 4 bedroom flat with 2 living rooms with a couple with 3 kids. One room for the husband and wife, one room for their first boy and one room used by two girls , we wud get a spare lliving room and bedroom for our use
so my questions are
1: what documents are needed for my spouse to proceed?
2: who do we speak to concerning approval?
2: Do we have to call anyone for inspection?
Also
Wife works in Hatfield but house is in Banbury, hope it won't affect our application?

SoHopeful

Re: accommodation requirements

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:11 pm

You will need:

landlord's consent to move in
copy of the tenancy agreement
property inspection report due to the number of people

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:29 pm

oluwatobii wrote: Wife works in Hatfield but house is in Banbury, hope it won't affect our application?
Too much distance from house to work may trigger the suspicion of visa officer over the authenticity & genuiness of accomodation arrangements.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:04 pm

seagul wrote:
oluwatobii wrote: Wife works in Hatfield but house is in Banbury, hope it won't affect our application?
Too much distance from house to work may trigger the suspicion of visa officer over the authenticity & genuiness of accomodation arrangements.
I agree with seagul.

How will your wife convince the ECO that she will make a round trip of 164 miles to work (I assume every day)?. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:45 pm

It is a lot but I work with people in London that commute daily from Birmingham. If it's explained guess that's all you can do...

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:07 pm

SoHopeful wrote:It is a lot but I work with people in London that commute daily from Birmingham. If it's explained guess that's all you can do...
In that case the visa officer may contrast the title of job & salary against Birmingham to London travel cost. I think such huge travel on daily basis may be paid by employer for its very employee who is having extremely unique skill and job. I don't think any ordinary person will afford such travel cost & time.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:37 pm

There's no way cost of travel is covered (I work for local government).
A lot of people do what they have to do when it comes to employment. It can take me the same amount of time to get home on the other side of London as it can to get to Birmingham on a high speed train.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:14 am

SoHopeful wrote:There's no way cost of travel is covered (I work for local government).
A lot of people do what they have to do when it comes to employment. It can take me the same amount of time to get home on the other side of London as it can to get to Birmingham on a high speed train.
Despite the speedy trains between London to Birmingham but that train won't take a Birmingham resident straight to work in London rather to a particular station and again you need to either take bus/tube again to reach to work. So why and how an ordinary person can pay two high costs ticket everyday. Yes it's wise and very frequently seen that such people temporarily live near job location but once/twice time travel back to their main home outside city.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:19 pm

Let's agree to disagree.

OP/applicant can only explain the circumstances and as I said initially those circumstances are not uncommon.