ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Meeting Income Requirements Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TrixieStephens
Newly Registered

Meeting Income Requirements Spouse Visa

Post by TrixieStephens » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:15 am

My husband returned to Scotland 2 weeks ago from our home in the US and we are in the process of gathering information to apply for a spouse visa.

He will be starting a new job there in mid-November. The salary of his new job is well above the income requirement of £18,600. He worked for 2 years while living with me in the US. His last pay stub is dated 30/09/2016 from his work in the US. The pay from this employment was also above the requirement.

My questions:

Can we use the income he received from his job in the US since he will not be in employment in Scotland for 6 months, or do we have to wait until he has been in employment for 6 months in Scotland before we apply?

Thanks in advance!

KatieWills
Wales

Re: Meeting Income Requirements Spouse Visa

Post by KatieWills » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:58 am

My understanding is that you can use your husband's employment in USA along with a confirmed job offer in UK demonstrating earnings over the threshold - £18,600 if applying as a couple.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

TrixieStephens
Newly Registered

Post by TrixieStephens » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:39 am

I wasn't sure if we'd be able to do it since he's back in Scotland and I'm still in the US.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:48 am

He appears to meet the requirement to have been earning the equivalent of £18,600 p.a for the 12 month period prior to submitting the application AND have a confirmed job offer to start within 3 months of arrival in the UK, again with an annual salary of £18,600.

You will have to submit his last 12 months payslips in the US with the corresponding bank statements and a copy of his new employment contract.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

TrixieStephens
Newly Registered

Post by TrixieStephens » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:54 am

I wasn't sure if we'd be able to do it since he's back in Scotland and I'm still in the US.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:04 am

In my opinion it shouldn't be an issue assuming you don't delay in submitting the application within the 12 month/3 month qualifying period.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.