ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address Change EEA(PR)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eatingandsleeping
Newly Registered

Address Change EEA(PR)

Post by eatingandsleeping » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi,

Right so.. abit of a talk to up :|

My mum applied for EEA(PR) about 2 weeks ago, application included me and my sister, anyway she received a confirmation email today(great news). Problem is she moved maybe a week after the application was submitted. Now in the email it says to fill out this form incase of changes or circumstances.. https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

However, she doesn't have a digital copy of her passport, or my sisters. I happen to have a scan of my mine. Also I don't understand the bit about people who shouldn't use this form.. "If you’re an accession state worker or in the UK under the Workers Registration Scheme (WRS), you do not need to notify us of an address change." She was registered WRS in 2008, she no longer works for an employer.

I'm not sure what we should do to change address? Would a written letter, explaining the situation and maybe including my passport photocopy and explaining how the application was applied together, suffice?

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: Address Change EEA(PR)

Post by Noetic » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:40 pm

This is the form I used, although admittedly not whole an application was with HO. I know from my SAR that both changes were received though. https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk

eatingandsleeping
Newly Registered

Post by eatingandsleeping » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:07 pm

Noetic wrote:This is the form I used, although admittedly not whole an application was with HO. I know from my SAR that both changes were received though. https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk
Problem is my mum doesnt have a copy of her passport while her passport is with the application..

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:01 pm

eatingandsleeping wrote:
Noetic wrote:This is the form I used, although admittedly not whole an application was with HO. I know from my SAR that both changes were received though. https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk
Problem is my mum doesnt have a copy of her passport while her passport is with the application..
Ah that wasn't a requirement when I last used that form. I always keep a scan of my passport to hand but appreciate it's too late for that. Does she have a driving licence?

eatingandsleeping
Newly Registered

Post by eatingandsleeping » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:14 pm

Noetic wrote:
eatingandsleeping wrote:
Ah that wasn't a requirement when I last used that form. I always keep a scan of my passport to hand but appreciate it's too late for that. Does she have a driving licence?

Nope :| She doesn't even have her national ID card (we're Polish). I've got my passport scan but shes the main applicant.. The passport was her only form of ID and we don't have a copy of it.................

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:31 pm

And I suppose you can't get her an ID without her passport...

Did you include a self addressed stamped envelope with your application?

I'd recommend paying to get your mail redirected for at least 6 months. Then when you get the confirmation letter you can request passport back and scan it for the change of address?

A bit silly having to include a scan of the documents that you had to send away with the application ... To change the address the self same document gets returned to!

(Although I have to say it was a bit silly of your Mum fo apply from an address she was moving out of a week later - why not wait a week and include proof of new address?

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:47 pm

One of my friends asked for their documents back and communicated in the online form that they had moved to a new address. The passport was sent back to the new address so I presume that the address was also updated on their systems.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

eatingandsleeping
Newly Registered

Post by eatingandsleeping » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:47 pm

Noetic wrote:And I suppose you can't get her an ID without her passport...

Did you include a self addressed stamped envelope with your application?

I'd recommend paying to get your mail redirected for at least 6 months. Then when you get the confirmation letter you can request passport back and scan it for the change of address?

A bit silly having to include a scan of the documents that you had to send away with the application ... To change the address the self same document gets returned to!

(Although I have to say it was a bit silly of your Mum fo apply from an address she was moving out of a week later - why not wait a week and include proof of new address?
We got the confirmation letter today, its silly all round tbh.. Anyway thanks for your help :)

eatingandsleeping
Newly Registered

Post by eatingandsleeping » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:49 pm

LilyLalilu wrote:One of my friends asked for their documents back and communicated in the online form that they had moved to a new address. The passport was sent back to the new address so I presume that the address was also updated on their systems.
Ah really, so he informed them of the new address in the document request form? That sounds like its worth a shot as well as using mail redirection.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:16 am

Yes pretty much, not the official way but seems to have worked in their case. May as well give it a try, nothing to loose.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

G M

Post by G M » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:52 am

Hi all... I am applied for my naturlisation AN form and now I am moving house .how can I update UKBA with my new address so posts or any corespondence comes there

Thank
G

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:08 am

This definitely works: https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

You won't get an acknowledgement once they have done it which I find a bit unfortunate but hey...

G M

Post by G M » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:38 am

Hey thanks for your response. Is this done online or do I need to send in some kind of a form. Do I also have to send in my contract

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:24 am

If you look at the form I linked, it's all online - uploads only, no hardcopies required.