ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - 2 Years Cohabiting - When to Apply

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simonp85
Newly Registered

FLR(M) - 2 Years Cohabiting - When to Apply

Post by simonp85 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:47 pm

Hi,

My partner (Australian) is currently in the UK on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa. We were in a relationship when he moved to the UK and moved in together. However the Tier 5 is a 2 year visa and he arrived in the UK 7 days after the start date, so his current leave ends 7 days before we hit two years cohabiting.

We have plenty of documents at the same address and some jointly (bank account and council tax) including his job offer which is actually dated 12 days before the visa start date as he received the job offer while in Australia a few weeks before moving.

Can anyone comment on his strict the 2 year period is, will 1 week be excused or must it be 2 years? If so, what options are there? Can the 28 day grace period be used in this instance or is this not advised?

Apologies for such an open message and questions but this is all new territory and we want to approach it as best possible.

Many thanks

Simon

simonp85
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) - 2 Years Cohabiting - When to Apply

Post by simonp85 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:53 pm

Sorry to bump, but any feedback, positive or negative would be appreciated.

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) - 2 Years Cohabiting - When to Apply

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:02 pm

Apply by post with what you have. Apply before the tier 5 expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.