ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel on different passports (UK/IND)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

internetstatic
Newly Registered

Travel on different passports (UK/IND)

Post by internetstatic » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:11 pm

Hello All,

I am a British citizen since 20th Sep 2016 and am planning to travel to India on 1st Nov 2016. I am going to be in India for a while and am planning to apply for my OCI while I am there. I know that have 90 days grace to travel on my Indian passport; So here's the big question...

Can I exit the UK on my Indian passport > apply for OCI during my tenure in India > Return to the UK on my British passport? (I am primarily worried about the return.)

All help is appreciated. :D

rmukherjee
United Kingdom

Re: Travel on different passports (UK/IND)

Post by rmukherjee » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:15 pm

Please don't do this. There is a discussion on this thread, but in general, if you do this you're breaking several Indian laws.

internetstatic
Newly Registered

Re: Travel on different passports (UK/IND)

Post by internetstatic » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:50 am

rmukherjee wrote:Please don't do this. There is a discussion on this thread, but in general, if you do this you're breaking several Indian laws.
Thank you for your feedback and the link to the thread. I will go the legal way. :D