ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SJR_Spencer
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Dependent visa

Post by SJR_Spencer » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Hi All,

I am on a Tier 2 General visa and I travelled to the UK in July 2016. I am now going to apply for my wife and son's dependent visas and I have a question on the maintenance requirement. My CoS explicitly calls out that maintenance will be covered for my wife and son along with me. But
1. Will it be a problem that they did not travel with me but travel 3 months later and hence the note in the CoS from the employer will not be considered? If that's the case should I choose "own funds" for maintenance requirement in the application?
2. The note on maintenance in the CoS does not explicitly say for how long is the maintenance covered. Is that an issue?
3. I have worked only 3 months here now and don't have a lot of balance in the UK account having paid rental deposits and advances. Can I submit bank statements from India that has requisite balance? Also the bank account is in my name and will that be an issue?
4. Do I also need to submit my payslips?
5. Do I need to submit UK bank statements to show salary credits?

Thanks in advance,
SJR_Spencer.

vpr_pandian
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Dependent visa

Post by vpr_pandian » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:57 pm

Hi SJR_Spencer,

I'm also applying for tier 2 general dependent visa for my wife and daughter. I'm going through all the discussions on this forum to clarify my doubts and its really helpful. I can answer your questions based on the knowledge I gathered from this forum.

1. You should use your "Own funds" for maintenance requirement. The employer will provide maintenance only for the first month for you and your family(if they traveled with you at the first time).

2. I'm not sure. If you use your "own funds" then this doesn't matter.

3. You can use bank statement from India. The bank should be listed on the approved list of banks in UKBA list. The bank account can be on your name or your dependent name.

4. Yes, last 3 months original salary slips.

5. Not required.

Experts can confirm if my answers are correct.

SJR_Spencer
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Dependent visa

Post by SJR_Spencer » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:46 pm

Thank you VPR_Pandian.

I will be making the application at VFS Bangalore in the next few days using my own funds for the maintenance requirements. I am hoping they'd be ok with that. If anybody else disagrees with VPR_Pandian's interpretation or my decision, please let us know.

I have another question - My son was born in the UK during that last time I was in the UK. He had no UK visa stamped on the passport but received a BRP card. Do we have to send the card along with the application for the new dependant visa?

Thanks in advance,
SJR_Spencer.