ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Personal account instead of business account

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nickb
India

Personal account instead of business account

Post by nickb » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:14 pm

Hi

I received my entrepreneur visa in Oct 2013 and my visa is due to expire on 22 October 2016. I recently started a new business in May where I have been able create employment as per the requirement and also have the funds invested in the form of share capital that will be reflected in my accounts for 2015-2016.

The problem is that I was not able to open a business bank account as none of the banks were willing to open. I have a construction business and all purchases have been made thru personal account. I know that there is a requirement to show business bank statements to show that it's a U.K. business and for other reasons as well but I am wondering how do I go about now.

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you all.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Personal account instead of business account

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:16 pm

There is a requirement to have a UK business bank account for your company, unless you are claiming point as self-employed (sole trader).
There is no way around it
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:19 pm

Slightly concerning that as an entrepreneur your bank has rejected your application for a business account. Have you managed your personal account badly?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

nickb
India

Post by nickb » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:23 pm

Casa wrote:Slightly concerning that as an entrepreneur your bank has rejected your application for a business account. Have you managed your personal account badly?
I had a wrong ccj against my name and due to that it has been difficult to open a business account. Also, a lot of banks don't open the account if you have less than 6 months visa validity.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm

A poor credit history will indeed affect your ability to open a business bank account. It doesn't bode well for a entrepreneur. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

nickb
India

Post by nickb » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:35 pm

Casa wrote:A poor credit history will indeed affect your ability to open a business bank account. It doesn't bode well for a entrepreneur. :|
My accountant is ready to show accounts based on personal account transactions. I guess I am trying to find a way to convince the home office. I have been engaged in genuine. Us ones with a turnover of 100k in 4 months but just stuck now.

Hassan Rasheed

Post by Hassan Rasheed » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi i would suggest try open account in santander bank.

Have you register yourself as director in HMRC ? its also very important to have it.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:46 pm

nickb wrote:I had a wrong ccj against my name and due to that it has been difficult to open a business account. Also, a lot of banks don't open the account if you have less than 6 months visa validity.
How can you have a wrong CCJ ?? Don't you think you have to solve that first ???
Hassan Rasheed wrote:Have you register yourself as director in HMRC ? its also very important to have it.
Register yourself as director in HMRC !!?? what are you talking about ??
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nickb
India

Post by nickb » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:19 pm

Wrong CCJ as I was away when the decision was sent and the other party did not appeal and the CCJ lapsed.

Is there a way it as I have genuinely been involved in business and do fulfill all the other requirements??

Any help appreciated.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:36 pm

nickb wrote:Wrong CCJ as I was away when the decision was sent and the other party did not appeal and the CCJ lapsed.

Is there a way it as I have genuinely been involved in business and do fulfill all the other requirements??

Any help appreciated.
As I said, there is a requirement to provide business bank statements. The immigration rules require you to have a UK business bank account to be able to score points. Your application will be refused if you do not have a UK bank account. You should have rectified this issue much earlier, not when you want to apply for extension.

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 pm

I am afraid your application will be refused based on personal account, because home office doesnot accept this until you are self employed.

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:34 pm

This ought to have been sorted long before now. And you just have 18 days left on you visa!!! Why just now?

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:19 am

Before May, were you involved in some other business? Is that business still running?
The only way you can get points for this requirement with a personal account are if you are a sole trader/ self employed.
Are there any other directors in the company? Maybe they can go to open the account for the company, provided they have at least a few months remaining on their visas or are Europeans and don't need a visa.