ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt in previous earning - Break due to employer change

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aruparthas
Newly Registered

Doubt in previous earning - Break due to employer change

Post by aruparthas » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:10 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply for the HSMP by end or early Jan.
My question is regarding my previous earnings.

In the past 12 months I switched a company and has a gap of 2 months in between them.
I have considered the past 12 montsh, i.e Jan 2007 to Dec 2007

In company A, i wud produce the proof for the period Jan 2007 to May 2007

Then I had a break for 2 months due to personal reasons. ie. in June 2007 and July 2007.

From Company B (who is current employer), i wud produce the proof from AUG 2007 to Dec 2007.

Here my question is,

1. First of all, whether ther can be a break in the salary slip due to change in the employer.
2. If it is ok , means do i need to consider '0' as my income for those 2 months.
(or)
3. Do i need to consider the previous 2 months(Nov and Dec 2006) to make it as 12 months.

FYI... even if I consider NIL income for the 2 months break, i met the salaray requirement.

Kindly help me in this regard
Thanks
Partha

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Doubt in previous earning - Break due to employer change

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:37 pm

1. Yes
2. Yes. You could only have 12 consecutive months (it has to be a continuous period). So if the months where you were out of work is included than your income on this month is nil.
3. See no.2

If you meet the points fror salary than you will be fine

aruparthas wrote:Hi,

I am planning to apply for the HSMP by end or early Jan.
My question is regarding my previous earnings.

In the past 12 months I switched a company and has a gap of 2 months in between them.
I have considered the past 12 montsh, i.e Jan 2007 to Dec 2007

In company A, i wud produce the proof for the period Jan 2007 to May 2007

Then I had a break for 2 months due to personal reasons. ie. in June 2007 and July 2007.

From Company B (who is current employer), i wud produce the proof from AUG 2007 to Dec 2007.

Here my question is,

1. First of all, whether ther can be a break in the salary slip due to change in the employer.
2. If it is ok , means do i need to consider '0' as my income for those 2 months.
(or)
3. Do i need to consider the previous 2 months(Nov and Dec 2006) to make it as 12 months.

FYI... even if I consider NIL income for the 2 months break, i met the salaray requirement.

Kindly help me in this regard
Thanks
Partha
Pantaiema

asim_khan

Post by asim_khan » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:55 am

Hey,
Well i dont agree with pantaiema, i believe that there shud not be any gaps in ur earnings...this doesnt meant that u count ur salary as 0 for those two months....it shud be continuous 12 months..
well they have exceptions in a way that tis is not necessary that u shud provide all 12 months salary..out of last 15 months, u can provide consecutinve 12 month's salary..and u dont hav 12 month's salary to show, then u can show ur earnings for 5,6,7,8 whtever u like but it shud be consecutive months ...breaks not allowed. as per ma knowledge...
Asim

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:20 am

There CAN be breaks in employment within 12 months of our claim

present rules doesnt state anywhere that breaaks are not accepted

All it matters is how much you earn within those 12 months period

Suppose if you are claiming from Jan 2007 to Dec 2007 for 20 points. Even if you are unemployed from January to June and earned £23000 in last 6 months, it is fully valid to claim 20 points

It no need to be earned in every month

But keep in mind, only 12 continuous months are considered

We cannot skip any months inbetween and add those months in first or last