ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family of a Settled Person Visa - Proof of accommodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shaunross23
Newly Registered

Family of a Settled Person Visa - Proof of accommodation

Post by shaunross23 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi,

My wife and I are starting to put together the documentation required for the 'Family of a Settled Person' Visa. We are a little bit unsure as to what exactly is required for the proof of our accommodation though.

I currently live in London in a 2 bedroom house with a live in landlord. My wife came to visit earlier this year and stayed here with me for a period of 3 months so she has met my landlord already. The bills are all under my landlord's name and he organises the council tax too.

What documentation is required to show there is ample space for us to live together?

Thanks,
Shaun

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Family of a Settled Person Visa - Proof of accommodation

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:42 pm

Preferably a property inspection report. Do you have a tenancy agreement?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

shaunross23
Newly Registered

Post by shaunross23 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:37 pm

I do have a Tenancy Agreement but are there special rules or rather disadvantages for having a live in landlord?

How do I organise a property inspection report?

Many thanks,
Shaun

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:53 pm

shaunross23 wrote:I do have a Tenancy Agreement but are there special rules or rather disadvantages for having a live in landlord? No, but your landlord will have to provide a letter confirming your wife can live in the property with you.

How do I organise a property inspection report? A local Estate Agent will generally provide one for a fee.

Many thanks,
Shaun
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kalla01
Newly Registered

Post by kalla01 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:21 pm

Casa wrote:
shaunross23 wrote:I do have a Tenancy Agreement but are there special rules or rather disadvantages for having a live in landlord? No, but your landlord will have to provide a letter confirming your wife can live in the property with you.

How do I organise a property inspection report? A local Estate Agent will generally provide one for a fee.

Many thanks,
Shaun
@ CASA :would a Lodger AGREEMENT with the land lord living in the house be okay to apply for FLR(M) please?

assuming say the land lord will provide a cover letter in support of a FRIEND bringing his wife from Africa.
if ok,what sort of things should the land lord add ?
Again how many months should the Lodger agreement be for?
thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:48 pm

kalla01 wrote:
Casa wrote:

Many thanks,
Shaun
@ CASA :would a Lodger AGREEMENT with the land lord living in the house be okay to apply for FLR(M) please? Yes

assuming say the land lord will provide a cover letter in support of a FRIEND bringing his wife from Africa.
if ok,what sort of things should the land lord add ? Simply that he is in the agreement of xxxxx (name) living in the accommodation
Again how many months should the Lodger agreement be for? 6 months is normal
thanks.
(Casa, not CR001)

shaunross23
Newly Registered

Post by shaunross23 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:05 am

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. I will arrange for a property inspection report to be done then. Is there a list of approved companies that I need to use for the report?

Also, with any letters I write in support of our application, what is the best address to use and who should I address it to specifically? I was thinking 'immigration officer' and giving the UK immigration office address but not sure.

Thanks,
Shaun

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:39 am

No real need for an address but you can use the one of the centre you are sending it to if you like. You should address it to "To whom it may concern".

Try contacting local estate agents for an inspection report.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

shaunross23
Newly Registered

Post by shaunross23 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:23 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. So I have taken a look into housing inspection reports and it seems like they are quite readily available and quick to obtain paperwork for.

Is there a specific body/organisation required or is any estate agent approved to do this for a Spouse Visa purpose?

Thanks,
Shaun

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:28 pm

Any Estate Agent will be fine.
(Casa, not CR001)

shaunross23
Newly Registered

Post by shaunross23 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:48 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply!

We are also looking to complete and submit a Sponsorship Undertaking form (SU07) for our 'Family of a Settled Person' Visa application.

We plan to live in rented accommodation with a live in landlord and have some questions about the requested supporting documentation on the form:

[*]Certified copy of deeds -

Who can certify this?
Is it ok for this to be under the landlord's name as it is rented accommodation?

[*]Letter confirming mortgage -

Again can this be in the landlord's name as it is rented accommodation?

[*]Housing Association Rent Book - How do I obtain one of these?

[*]Letter from any government department -

How do I obtain this?
What should it confirm on it?

Many thanks for any advice,

Shaun

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:50 pm

A Sponsorship Undertaking form (SU07) isn't a requirement for a Spouse Settlement visa.

You do however need to complete Appendix 2.
(Casa, not CR001)

shaunross23
Newly Registered

Post by shaunross23 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:20 pm

All of the applications/examples we have been able to locate for people with similar circumstances recommend providing this form with the application though.

These are the documents I am able to provide for proof of our accommodation:

Lodger/tenancy agreement - this will only have about 4 months left at the point of applying. Will a letter from my landlord confirming he is happy for us both to stay longer suffice or will I also need to provide a new agreement showing that we can stay longer than the required 6 months?

Letter from my landlord - confirming he knows my wife and is happy for us both to live there

Bank statements - showing address

Housing inspection report (to be obtained)

We are anxious that this is not enough as we cannot provide the following (all in landlord's name):

Utility bill(s)
Council tax bill

Is there anything else we can provide?

Thanks,
Shaun

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:32 pm

You have the documents you require as a tenant.

The sponsorship undertaking form is not required for settlement visas- so those who have submitted this were not required to do so. You do however need to make sure the appendix 2 form is completed and submitted alongside the application as this is the form to detail how you meet the financial requirements.

shaunross23
Newly Registered

Post by shaunross23 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:10 am

shaunross23 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply!

We are also looking to complete and submit a Sponsorship Undertaking form (SU07) for our 'Family of a Settled Person' Visa application.

We plan to live in rented accommodation with a live in landlord and have some questions about the requested supporting documentation on the form:

[*]Certified copy of deeds -

Who can certify this?
Is it ok for this to be under the landlord's name as it is rented accommodation?

[*]Letter confirming mortgage -

Again can this be in the landlord's name as it is rented accommodation?

[*]Housing Association Rent Book - How do I obtain one of these?

[*]Letter from any government department -

How do I obtain this?
What should it confirm on it?

Many thanks for any advice,

Shaun
Could someone please advise on these questions please?

Thanks,
Shaun

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:29 am

SoHopeful wrote:You have the documents you require as a tenant.

The sponsorship undertaking form is not required for settlement visas- so those who have submitted this were not required to do so. You do however need to make sure the appendix 2 form is completed and submitted alongside the application as this is the form to detail how you meet the financial requirements.
You've already been given good advice in the post above.
(Casa, not CR001)