ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 month short of my 10 year long residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

enifaith
Newly Registered

2 month short of my 10 year long residency

Post by enifaith » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:01 pm

Hi All,

I have been adhere reader of this wonderful forum , i read through many amazing story and contribution from all the wonderful contributors . Thank you all for taking time out to impact life's of applicants .
I came to this country 17 January 2007 on tier 4 visa , my immigration history has been straight forward in previous renewers. However, i'm 2 month short to my 10 year residency , my current residency expire at the end of this month . I'm planing to use Flr(fp) form for myself and my wife and then vary it 28 day to 10 year anniversary . My questions is as follow:

what is the most suitable form to use for the first application ?is it Flr(fp) or Flr(o)?
and for the second application is it set(il) or set(o) ? and finally what format of letter is required to back up my application . Thank you all , all guidance will be well appreciated . looking forward for your support. Thanks

Nzekells

Re: 2 month short of my 10 year long residency

Post by Nzekells » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:33 pm

First form is FLR(FP), and second, SET(LR). Letter? You mean 'Variation letter' for the ILR?
Opinion is researchedly mine!

Great77

Post by Great77 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:58 am

Please use the form FLR(fp) and make sure you fill the form correctly. Make sure you complete payment page very well. To buy time, do your biometric the last day of the deadline you received your biometric letter.

Make sure you write the reason for extending your visa in order not to think your application is frivolous.

Honestly, 2 months is very short and by the time you know it, you would have completed the 10 years. Apply for SET(LR) and write a letter to vary with the application. You should be fine.

I had 11 month short of my 10 years then, and even though they refused me withing 3 months, I was able to appeal through and withdraw appeal and apply for my ILR and now am british citizen.

I hope you have good history of your 10 years :) no gap or late extension of student visa in those days... :)
Great

fahadii123
United Kingdom

Post by fahadii123 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:02 am

Hi mate,
Just posting here so that I can follow the post as I have similar questions. I have a very similar situation; came to uk 7th Jan 2007 and current visa ending 22nd Nov'16. Currently on Tier-4
What visa category are you currently on?

enifaith
Newly Registered

Post by enifaith » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:30 pm

Thank you Great77 and Nzekells for your swift responses , i'm planning to vary the application using PEO at croydon or any other centre that is available . i will like to know if is ok for me to vary the application alone or both myself and my partner will need to do PEO together . looking forward to your answers . Thank you guys.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:24 pm

Great77 wrote:I had 11 month short of my 10 years then, and even though they refused me withing 3 months, I was able to appeal through and withdraw appeal and apply for my ILR and now am british citizen.
Wow! On a personal level great for you and I'm happy for you but this is why people have lost faith in the system and think UK immigration has become a joke as everyone can appeal and get to stay even if they don't meet the rules etc...

Great77

Post by Great77 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:43 am

cyborg001 wrote:
Great77 wrote:I had 11 month short of my 10 years then, and even though they refused me withing 3 months, I was able to appeal through and withdraw appeal and apply for my ILR and now am british citizen.
Wow! On a personal level great for you and I'm happy for you but this is why people have lost faith in the system and think UK immigration has become a joke as everyone can appeal and get to stay even if they don't meet the rules etc...
Well, It depends on each and everyone circumstances. I have been legal all along and have never had issue before and since I can prove to them that I have been here for long with my family ties here, it makes it arguable anyway since I planned to settle here and also married. It depends. My case was actually put to May, and somehow they decided to defer the hearing themselves till September. It is not the case of buying time.

The OP is short by 2 months and it will be good for him to ask for extension and then vary. The people that frustrate the system are there, but not everyone
Great

enifaith
Newly Registered

Post by enifaith » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:30 am

Hi All,

I made enquiry few weeks ago regarding my application , i was advised to use form flr(fp) and vary to set (LR) within completion of 10 years anniversary . i submitted my application last week and application fees deducted yesterday . Please , when is the better time for me to apply for premium service to vary my application ? your contribution will be highly appreciated .

Great77

Post by Great77 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:54 pm

Vary when you are at least 27 days to your 10th year. Just follow my advice as I said before.
Great

enifaith
Newly Registered

Post by enifaith » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:51 pm

Hi All ,
I raised my application issues here few weeks back , in summary i'm short of 2 month to 10 year long residence , i was advised to used form flr fp then vary within 28 days of my qualify period . however , i received the biometric letter today 15days after my application and the biometric is back dated to 6th of november which mean i have 4days left to register it . Nonetheless , my concern is the letter attached to the biometric which stated that my application raises issues relating to the Europeean Convention on Human Rights which are complex in nature. As such , that it falls outside their normal service standards for deciding leave to remain applications. The scaring part is the last sentence that says 'please be assured that we will make a decision on your case as quickly as possible'

Please i need all you help , maybe to delay the biometric and how to go about it . Thank you all

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:29 pm

You should be aware that the HO are clamping down on (in their words) frivolous and vexatious applications submitted in an attempt to buy time. This can affect all future visa applications due to 'frustrating the Immigration Rules' under 320(11).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

enifaith
Newly Registered

Post by enifaith » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:42 pm

Thank you Casa for your swift feedback , is it possible to request for another biometric ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:19 pm

If you fail to provide biometrics within the time limit, you may or may not be given a second opportunity. Nothing's guaranteed.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Afmirza
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Afmirza » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:06 pm

Any update with your ilr application. I am in the same boat. I will be 3weeks short for my 10year ILR so looking for information hiw to cover this. Your help will be much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:08 am

Afmirza wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:06 pm
Any update with your ilr application. I am in the same boat. I will be 3weeks short for my 10year ILR so looking for information hiw to cover this. Your help will be much appreciated
Please start your own topic with your immigration history, circumstances and questions instead of digging up and tagging onto a topic that is more than 2 years old!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.