ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updated Non EEA and Brexit Questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fiona49cf
Newly Registered
China

Updated Non EEA and Brexit Questions

Post by fiona49cf » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:06 pm

Hi everyone,

As the Brexit is happening sooner or later March 2017 according to Terasa May. I have a few questions to ask, apologies in advance if anyone has asked these before:

I am a non EEA citizen has been living in UK with my Spanish husband since 2015. I have a five year residence card and he is a applying for a registration certificate.He is a qualified person who works in UK.
My questions are:

1. How would brexit affecting my rights as a non EEA nationals's in terms of medical benefits such as free medicare , social benefits such as child benefits, maternity benefits?

2. Would I be able to apply for PR after brexit ? My earliest day to qualify for PR will be 2020. Do anyone foresee the change of the PR law by that time since the law now requires five years residency, would this timeline be longer after brexit? Both my partner and I want to obtain PR. Since he is EEA national on the worse case senerio, If he has a PR after five years can I apply for one depending on his status? If I can not apply for PR after five years independently, can I apply for one by then if my husband have one?

3. We recently bought a house and what will happen to my morgage if UK is deporting existing EEA nationals's and their families?

4. I red in an article that UK boarder control will stop the freemovement from non EEA nationals's on or before March 2017, will this be true?

There are many news and rumor about what is going to happen. And it is definitely not a good feeling when facing these uncertainties. Please share your thoughts and we will stay strong together.

Thanks,

fiona49cf
Newly Registered
China

Re: Updated Non EEA and Brexit Questions

Post by fiona49cf » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:30 pm

Adding one question: As I recieved two job offers: one in the university in the international student office and other one in a logistics company which requires my language skills, upon brexit which job is more likely to be stable regardless of the outcome of brexit? Please share your opinion! Thanks!

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:52 pm

Just calm down. The government themselves have said they hope to protect the right of all the EEA already in the UK and beside having morgage and working has shown you intend to live here and contribute.

Come what may you already here before the referendum that's another advantage. Beside that I don't see any EU STATE that will sat all EU will be deported in this 21st century, but what I think might change will be the issue of welfare issue regarding people who doesn't work in UK.

I think there will be positive outcome from the negotiation just maintain to be employed two of you and especially your husband very important , stay out of trouble as the home Secretary said today in the Conservative conference today that she is ready to deport any minor offence comitment by EEA.

Everything will be okay.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

fiona49cf
Newly Registered
China

Post by fiona49cf » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:13 pm

Hi Wise thanks for your help. I am sure I will be more calmed tomorrow morning I literally red some article and news today regarding to the updates of Brexit and freaked out. Sorry to bomb you with all the questions.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:42 am

Nobody knows sadly.

Regarding the job offers it's hard to say. International students are on the government hit list so that plus Brexit may make that very uncertain. However Logistics, Import and Export will also be severely impacted by exiting the single market (which is looking increasingly likely now).

Although I have a hunch that the sort of experience you get in a logistics company on your CV would be more transposable th (if push comes to shove when applying for jobs outside the UK if the move to rid the country of foreigners continues the way it currently looks), especially if the company currently deals with EU countries and law.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:35 am

Hello, where do you see the article that you read and can you post the link that state one of your text below.

[quote][/quote]
I red in an article that UK boarder control will stop the free movement from non EEA nationals's on or before March 2017, will this be true?
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

fiona49cf
Newly Registered
China

Post by fiona49cf » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi Wise. I red it on Chinese news website.

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:42 pm

fiona49cf wrote:Hi Wise. I red it on Chinese news website.

Thanks everyone for the replies!
That says it all. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.