ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

plz plz plz help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

polandtrade
Newly Registered

plz plz plz help

Post by polandtrade » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:36 am

after 1 year i recevid from homeoffice my documenet im non eea married to eea i aplaid for residence document so i received today paper and in this paper small paper simelar to visa written in its (residence document) and it have my pic .my name date of birth
vaild until 16apr/avp 07
place,date of sue
01 jan/jan 08
type of document RESIDENCE CARD OF FAMLY MEMBER OF AN EEA NATIONL
remark EMPLOYMENT AND BUSINESS ACTIVITIES ALLOD

my qustion is
is this my residence???and if this my residence why the date of valid its until 16 of april????
and if this my residence and i send its back to correct its possible to cansel my residence or the desition its got and its finish really im stress couse i know the residence and visa in passport not in paper ?? and in sam time i recievd also paper from homeoffice that they returning my document and they said i should contect them if family member decide to leave the united kingdom or ceases atreaty right here or if you case to be afmily member .....they dont say to aply again so this mean i got its righ
plz plz youer opinion
sorry formy bad english

ayatje87
Newly Registered

Post by ayatje87 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:43 am

well do u mean that they granted u residence only for 3 months?? but ur writing april 2007,can u be more specific!

polandtrade
Newly Registered

issu visa

Post by polandtrade » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:51 pm

no in the residence card its writen
date of isue 1 /1/2008
valid until 16 april 2007

so how its come ????so this mean they issue to me not valid card right??
and i should correct its by send its back to home office right ?
couse really im confuse.....

by the way this residence card yes?couse me i know the residence its should be in passport not in paper
plz help im under stress

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:46 pm

When does your passport expire?

polandtrade
Newly Registered

help

Post by polandtrade » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:06 pm

my passport exspired in 27/9/2007 and in that time they had my passport in home office :roll: :roll: :roll:

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:41 pm

That could be why they did not place the endorsement in your passport, and why they did not give you the full 5 years. They may want you to re-submit to get the full 5 years once you get a new passport. I don't think they'll put an endorsement in an expired one. Try calling or writing them for clarification.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:25 pm

yankeegirl wrote:That could be why they did not place the endorsement in your passport, and why they did not give you the full 5 years. They may want you to re-submit to get the full 5 years once you get a new passport. I don't think they'll put an endorsement in an expired one. Try calling or writing them for clarification.
mine passport was expired after 9 months of getting residence card. and I applied for new one after and stappled old one with new one and travelled abroad couple of times without any problem. Even residence card was stamped on old one they never asked me why is that. quite strange bit but its true.

ayatje87
Newly Registered

Post by ayatje87 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:58 pm

The best thing i advice u to do is either u call them and give ur reference at the home office incase they can give u some explanation,otherwise go to the law center in ur area and take with u everything they sent u,and they will advise u what to do!and sometimes they can represent u instead.

polandtrade
Newly Registered

thank you

Post by polandtrade » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:42 pm

thank you all for advice but my point is ???is the card should be in passport or in paper same what i recive

2-they dont ask me to put my application again couse my passport is expird all what they send letter to confirm that i got the resident and i should tell them if my partner will leave uk

3-how they could give me card vailed until 16 of april and the destion is got in 1-8-2008????
couse in 16 of aprail my aplication was under proses ......

and also they make mistake in my date of birth they put diferent date of birth
my thinking is its mistake ??just i want to know where the card should be in passport or alone and they dont ask me to make new passport nothing at all :oops: :oops: i called home office in same times when i recievd my letter but whom pickup phone they dont know nothing just they said to send back my passport and write paper that all
so plz where its should be in passport or alone ??? thank you verey much

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: thank you

Post by thsths » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:11 pm

polandtrade wrote:and also they make mistake in my date of birth they put diferent date of birth
my thinking is its mistake ??
Yes, I think that is a clear indication that they made a mistake (or two). You should send them a letter with your passport and ask them to correct the entry. Say that you expect it done within 2 weeks, with I think is a reasonable time frame. (Edited:) Of course you also have to include a new passport.
called home office in same times when i recievd my letter but whom pickup phone they dont know nothing
Calling the Home Office is completely futile. Complaining may be more effective, but it takes a long time.
Last edited by thsths on Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:49 pm

Have you applied for your new passport? Did you receive a new passport? This is a process between you and the embassy for your country, not something the Home Office is interested in.

Just because they didn't ask you to get one does not mean you are not required to get one.

They will not place the residence permit into an expired passport (OKay ... MAYBE they will, but the circumstances would have to be REALLY unusual). Most countries require 3 to 6 months minimum time left before the passport expires at the time the residence is issued.

the Admin

[ EDIT : If you want help with your questions, you should make the subject line of your topic more informative. Most people will not even look at this topic. That is a lot of help you are not getting. ]

ayatje87
Newly Registered

Post by ayatje87 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:13 pm

well usually they endorse the residence like the visa in the passport and they as well send u a letter which confirs that u got ur residence,so u should be having both!

but its so obvious that they are mistaken,i dont know from which city u r but as i told u the best is to pass by any law centre or citizens advice bureaux and they will help u with everything incase u dont know how to sort out things on ur own.