ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mn1 children british citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

susan20
Newly Registered

Mn1 children british citizenship

Post by susan20 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:06 pm

Hi
I am appling for british citizenship for my sons born in the uk thought the mn1form. One 17and another 12years old. Although I lived in uk 20 years I an a eea national never applied for permante residence card but can prove 5 years of treaty rights. Am I right to say that for my kids on mn1form I don't have to have PR card and I can just prove my 5 year treaty rights for their application.than you

shaaki.fabi

Re: Mn1 children british citizenship

Post by shaaki.fabi » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:17 pm

One of the parents need to have PR card to get citizenship for children. Apply for pr first , as soon as you get PR they will citizenship.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:17 pm

susan20 wrote:Hi
I am appling for british citizenship for my sons born in the uk thought the mn1form. One 17and another 12years old. Although I lived in uk 20 years I an a eea national never applied for permante residence card but can prove 5 years of treaty rights. Am I right to say that for my kids on mn1form I don't have to have PR card and I can just prove my 5 year treaty rights for their application.than you
Yes.
PR status is necessary. (Not a PR card).

If a parent was exercising EC treaty rights at time of child #1's birth (before 2000) then child #1 may be British already.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2015.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:12 am

susan20 wrote:One 17
Probably easier to Register under 1(3) before 18 years old. However, 1(4) is also possible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

susan20
Newly Registered

Childern british citizenship mn1form

Post by susan20 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:30 am

HI
I am appling British citizenship through the mn1 form for my kids. They were born and lived all their live in uk. I am an eea . My question is.

Although I am settle have never applied for PR . Have had a residence card .I have lived uk 17years.
I am I correct to say that I just have to prove 5 year treaty rights in any period.
On section 3.13. PARENT WHO IS A EEA NATIONAL AND EXERCING EC TREATY RIGHTS it sates if one of the parent is EEA nationaland is clamining to have permante residence since 30 Abril 2006 please show revel ant dates.

Does this mean I don't have to have permante residence card.?
Please helpThank you.

susan20
Newly Registered

Post by susan20 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Hi tanks for reply
There are so many mixed answers. It's not clear if Mn1 form EEa nationnal has to have PR card. Has anyone applied recently proving ther 5 year treaty rights.
On section 3.1 it's ask for 5 year treaty rights does this only apply to children born after 2006 .
I know different law applies to Childern depending on birth.
My son born 1999 I was in Uk since 1995 when I query with pasport they said I had to be 5 year before child birth, The law states Childern born in uk before 2000 parents parent must be excersing treaty rights at time of birth. I had been 4 years before birth so it doesn't say I have to be 5years before birth. I am I right to say this.
My second son was born in 2004 again law changed it states parent must have lLR.
I claim to have PR but never applied as I never need to .i am thinking of applying through the T form children born in uk living 10 year of their lives.
AS I don't have PR card. My elder son will be soon 18 so I don't have time to apply for PR card. I have contacted by ph one imagration they say onmn1 form for kids only I don't have to have pr. When I speak to imagration adviser he says I do. I am so confused and frustrated what does settle parents mean ???????? Having PR card or excersing eu treaty rights over 5 year. PLease help I am confused. Thanks

SO my question are

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:46 pm

No PR card is required.
The 2015 rule change only applies to EEA adults.

Pre-2000 its EC rights at birth not for 5 years

2000-2006 you would have to have had ILR.

susan20
Newly Registered

Post by susan20 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:53 pm

Hi
Thank for u reply

this is what I thought. My imagetion officer adviser says I have to have PR To be able to aply for kids. it doesn't state anywhere and only say parent have to prove settlement.
I am thinking of using the T for based on 10 year kids living in uk do you think they will refuse as I have been Seattle in uk.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:55 pm

susan20 wrote:Hi
Thank for u reply

this is what I thought. My imagetion officer adviser says I have to have PR To be able to aply for kids. it doesn't state anywhere and only say parent have to prove settlement.
I am thinking of using the T for based on 10 year kids living in uk do you think they will refuse as I have been Seattle in uk.
She seems to be wrong.
Tell her to join board, she may learn something.

Form T is an option too.

susan20
Newly Registered

Post by susan20 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:09 pm

Hi
That what I though I have spoken to 2 imagration adviser and my money gone they seemed confused. I have olso spoken to mcp and they were very helpfull and she said exactly the same as you. Thank you so much

susan20
Newly Registered

Post by susan20 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:19 pm

Since 30 April 2006 a European Economic Area national with permanent residence is regarded as settled.
Between 2 October 2000 and 30 April 2006 an EEA national was only regarded as settled if they had indefinite leave to remain. Prior to 2 October 2000, all EEA nationals exercising Treaty rights were regarded as settled.

[

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:04 am

You are correct. Therefore, if you were exercising your treaty rights in 1999 when your son was born in the UK, then he may already be British.

Apply for confirmation of British nationality.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

susan20
Newly Registered

Post by susan20 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:37 am

Hi
thanks for your reply. I have read the form NCS doesn't say anything about children born in uk and parent exercising treaty rights so I can prove BC

Does anyone know email I can contact pasport for information?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:58 am

Applying directly for a British passport is also possible. However, having confirmation of British Nationality may give your son more ammunition, if they later decide that they incorrectly issued his passport.

noajthan

Re: Childern british citizenship mn1form

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:29 am

susan20 wrote:HI
I am appling British citizenship through the mn1 form for my kids. They were born and lived all their live in uk. I am an eea . My question is.

Although I am settle have never applied for PR . Have had a residence card .I have lived uk 17years.
I am I correct to say that I just have to prove 5 year treaty rights in any period.
On section 3.13. PARENT WHO IS A EEA NATIONAL AND EXERCING EC TREATY RIGHTS it sates if one of the parent is EEA nationaland is clamining to have permante residence since 30 Abril 2006 please show revel ant dates.

Does this mean I don't have to have permante residence card.?
Please helpThank you.
Post relocated into correct forum, its no good asking about British citizenship in the EEA forum.

No need to keep asking same question over and over again.
Posts merged into original topic in which you are receiving sound advice.

There were no PR cards before 2006.

And dates do matter, for child to be British automatically you had to be settled in UK before/at date of the birth (in UK).

For child to apply to register under s 1(3) you have to have become settled after child's birth in UK.

susan20
Newly Registered

Post by susan20 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:22 pm

Hi
Thank you so much for your reply.I rang the HMv pasport and they said I just need to prove 1year before the birth of child as I am a portuguess citizen as child born in 1999 and I was excreting treaty rights at bith of child.

I hope this will help others
Once again thank you

susan20
Newly Registered

Mn1 child british citizenship

Post by susan20 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:34 am

Hi I

I am potugues . MY son was born 2004 I had residence card 2000 to 2005 but never followed up with PR card . I had a gap 3 months while not working in 2000. Am i correct to say I might have not been quilifid person. I can prove 5 years continually working since 2003 - 20012. I contuinaly work at monument but in to 2012 I had a 6 months gap not working. My question is.

In question on form mn1 it say since 2006 prove last past 5 years.
So does this mean I have to prove from 2011 to today 2016. Last 5 years

Or can I prove any 5 years as I can prove after 2006 until 2011 or even earlier. Does this apply to children born in 2004 or only Childern born after 30 Abril 2006

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:45 am

Posts merged.
No need for multiple posts in different topics.

susan20
Newly Registered

Post by susan20 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:30 am

Hi nojanm

Thank you so much for your reply. I am trying to find answer to my question on mn1
3.13 parent who eea national treaty rights.

It says for the past 5 years can I prove from 2006 to 2011. Can it be any 5 year period after 2006
Please note this is questions regarding my second child born in 2004. My imagration officer says it has to be last 5 year up to today date. Sorry once again this board has been amazing and my imagration adviser has been a desapointment giving me incorrect information.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:09 pm

susan20 wrote:Hi nojanm

Thank you so much for your reply. I am trying to find answer to my question on mn1
3.13 parent who eea national treaty rights.

It says for the past 5 years can I prove from 2006 to 2011. Can it be any 5 year period after 2006
Please note this is questions regarding my second child born in 2004. My imagration officer says it has to be last 5 year up to today date. Sorry once again this board has been amazing and my imagration adviser has been a desapointment giving me incorrect information.
For child to apply to register under section 1(3) you have to have become settled after child's birth in UK

So you just need to show you had acquired PR at any time after child's birth in 2004.