ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Qualified

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Madyy
Newly Registered

EEA Qualified

Post by Madyy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:06 pm

Good afternoon Dear users,

I am new on this forum. I am non EEU national married with EU national in July 2016. I need some information about qualified person. My wife She start working in April 2016 as part time. I submitted my initial application in May 2016 as unmarried partner to secure myself, after that we got married in July 2016. I send home office Original Marriage Certificate & Payslips in July from April 2016 to July 2016 with a employer letter. She is still working as Part time in same company.

I have a question "does my wife is EEA qualified person as EEA national" to sponsor me/ She needs to work full time/part time is ok.

My time scale is as under

Application Send to HO: 11-05-2016
HO Received: 12-05-2016
Fee Taken: 16-05-2016
COA & Bio-metric: 06-06-2016
Council Marriage: 21-07-2016

Madyy
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Qualified

Post by Madyy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:53 pm

Any body please

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:56 pm

Assuming you have applied for RC, part-time worker may be acceptable. Certainly under EU law..
HO applies own rules on top (PET/MET test) so you will have to wait and see.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Madyy
Newly Registered

Post by Madyy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:07 am

Yes I applied for resident card. Employer is offering full time work to my wife, but I told her wait for our decesion. Than you will start full time.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:36 am

Why would you tell her to wait? She's allowed to work and working full time makes it more likely she counts as a qualified worker, why would you tell her to wait?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:00 am

Noetic wrote:Why would you tell her to wait? She's allowed to work and working full time makes it more likely she counts as a qualified worker, why would you tell her to wait?
Regarding my response: "wait and see" how HO applies their rules and so wait and see what the outcome is; no way to hurry it.

The English tradition of waiting in line in the queue without complaining too much.

Madyy
Newly Registered

Post by Madyy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:01 pm

I just read on home office guidance they didn't mentioned about full time/part time work. She spoke to her employer they are happy to give her full work & letter to confirm that from oct she is full time employee. I don't know what to do. Application is more than 5 month with the home office. Very abset what to do send letter to home office/ wait for decesion.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:35 am

noajthan wrote: Regarding my response: "wait and see" how HO applies their rules and so wait and see what the outcome is; no way to hurry it.
No I was responding to OP without being logged in to start with so without Quote button.
Maddy wrote:Employer is offering full time work to my wife, but I told her wait for our decesion. Than you will start full time.
OP's wife is an EEA citizen and has every right to work so why would OP tell her wait to go full time, the wife is allowed to work so her ability to work full time doesn't depend on any decisions by HO.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:49 pm

That makes sense 8)