ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused Entry at UK Airport - Tier 2 General Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pateamrsh
Newly Registered

Refused Entry at UK Airport - Tier 2 General Visa

Post by pateamrsh » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:49 am

Hi Guys,

Could someone experienced help me out here? I'm really confused and not sure. I have to submit my application asap.

I am not sure what should be the answer to the following question(Note that I am filling the tier 2 general visa form online).

Have you been refused entry to the UK in the last 10 years (for example at a UK airport or seaport)?
Yes*
No

Reason why I am confused, is because I had an issue once at immigration check at heathrow. I was entering UK after short holiday in India. Visa was Tier2 ICT Long term staff. At immigration check, immigration officer told me that for some reason my employer's sponsor license was suspended and hence my Tier2 ICT Long term visa was not valid. I had to sit for few hours at immigration office at Heathrow, they did some checks and then I was allowed to enter UK but they kept my passport with them. I was given a case number and some documents. Later, my employer had to undergo some UK home office checks. After that, the UK home office cancelled the suspension and my employer's license was valid again. So then my passport was returned back to me. Problem was from the employer's side. And once my employer had sorted things out with UK Home office, my passport was returned and visa was valid.

Now I am not sure what should be the answer to above question. Technically, I was not refused entry to UK because I was allowed to enter UK. However, there was a case open in my name and that was later resolved.

Note that, whether I answer yes or not to the above question, I would be adding details about my case in the additional information in the last page of the application. I would also submit documents related to casework.

Thanks a lot for you help. Really appreciate it.

Ams.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Refused Entry at UK Airport - Tier 2 General Visa

Post by iworker » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:42 pm

i think it should be no as u were not refused entry.. u did enter uk at that time.

pateamrsh
Newly Registered

Post by pateamrsh » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:53 am

Thanks for your prompt response. Appreciate it.

If the answer is NO, then does it make sense to submit the casework documents. I mean why to unnecessary provide additional documents.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:05 am

Just as iworker has replied, I think your response will be "No". However you need to provide the information about the case in your application. From my experience it is always better to provide as much information as possible (even if they will not use the information) than to keep the information to yourself and then they use it against you for not declaring it in your application form.

So, the answer is NO. you were not refused entry to the UK at the airport but there were issues which was later resolved.

whether you declare it or not, they know because they have the case on your record. SO go ahead and include the story as additional information in your application.

pateamrsh
Newly Registered

Post by pateamrsh » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:31 am

Thanks a lot guys for your help. Appreciate it.