ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI for minor. Marriage Certificate original not available

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haricsree
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

OCI for minor. Marriage Certificate original not available

Post by haricsree » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:55 pm

Hi,

I have to apply for OCI card for my son who was born in UK. VFS website says that I should provide marriage certificate(original and copy). I have sent my marriage certificate to Home Office for my wife's visa application. I have requested Home Office to return those docs but no reply from them. Can I still apply for my son's OCI's card with copy of marriage certificate without original.

Please help.

Regards,
Sree Hari.

rmukherjee
United Kingdom

Re: OCI for minor. Marriage Certificate original not availab

Post by rmukherjee » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:34 am

I was told -- Marriage certificate of parents is mandatory for children born in the UK (even if they held and surrendered an Indian passport, showing proof of Indian origin). This does seem to be a bit silly but at the end of the day we have to follow the High Commission's instructions.

It'd be better to wait a bit and get your original marriage certificate back.

haricsree
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: OCI for minor. Marriage Certificate original not availab

Post by haricsree » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Agree. I wrote a letter to Home Office asking me to send a letter saying that they have the marriage certificate and they it for visa process. I think that letter should be sufficient for HC to accept my son's OCI application.