ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Tier 2 dependent to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fortius
Newly Registered

Switch from Tier 2 dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by Fortius » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:10 pm

I am on Tier 2 General dependent visa and would like to switch to Tier 2 General with the same employer.

Employer is ready to run a market test properly and apply for COS in case market test result is ok

Would be very helpful if anybody can advise on below
- can I keep the employer during the whole process?
- once CoS issued, shall I leave the country to reapply for a new Tier 2 visa?
- if for some reason I will not be granted new Tier 2 visa, can I keep using my current Tier 2 visa?

Many thanks

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Switch from Tier 2 dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:27 am

- Yes, you can continue working during the process.
- Once CoS is ready, you need to go back to your home country and apply for entry clearance. You cannot move to T2G from within UK.
- If your new visa application is rejected, it will not have any impact on your existing visa.

Do note that since you are already working with the employer, yours could be a case of pre-selection. Hence, your employer will be questioned by UKVI on RLMT process and relevant proofs. There have been cases reported in this forum of visa rejection due to pre-selection.

Jaanvi
Newly Registered

Post by Jaanvi » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:14 pm

I am a Tier 2 dep working for a company. My husband has refused my renewal due to marriage issues. It is expiring next week. My company can run a RLMT now and I can continue to over stay until this process?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:21 pm

Jaanvi wrote:I am a Tier 2 dep working for a company. My husband has refused my renewal due to marriage issues. It is expiring next week. My company can run a RLMT now and I can continue to over stay until this process?
Please start your own topic rather than tagging onto someone else's as it creates confusion when members respond and is unfair to the original poster.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jaanvi
Newly Registered

Post by Jaanvi » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Jaanvi wrote:I am a Tier 2 dep working for a company. My husband has refused my renewal due to marriage issues. It is expiring next week. My company can run a RLMT now and I can continue to over stay until this process?
Please start your own topic rather than tagging onto someone else's as it creates confusion when members respond and is unfair to the original poster.
Agreed and created. thank you