ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

European line at airport with EEA ROR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

European line at airport with EEA ROR

Post by fatimahh » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:35 pm

I thought i would share my expererience for those who still wonder whether they need a landing card and if they can use the European queue at the airport.

I just came back from holiday and this is my third trip since ROR. The first 2 time i was asked question regarding EEA, i then informed them that we are divorce and that i got ROR, so was served with questions regarding date of mariage, divorce, reason for divorce, whereabout of the EEA and if we were still in touch. I told them i do not know is whereabout and although i wish we were still in touch we are no longer. i was then advise to use the EU queue next time. So i followed their advise and use the EU queue this time. i was once again asked the same kind of question (annoying really 8) ) At first the guy requested the landing card because i was divorced so he then contacted his supervisor who explain something and he came back and confirm that it was ok for me to use the EU line and that i indeed do not need a landing card.
Hope this reassure people with ROR
GOD BLESS!!!

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: European line at airport with EEA ROR

Post by Wise » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:46 pm

Thanks for the info and welcome back home. A lot has happen in UK while you're on holiday, hope you had a nice holiday.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

WalSag
Newly Registered

Post by WalSag » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:52 am

fatimahh wrote:I thought i would share my expererience for those who still wonder whether they need a landing card and if they can use the European queue at the airport.

I just came back from holiday and this is my third trip since ROR. The first 2 time i was asked question regarding EEA, i then informed them that we are divorce and that i got ROR, so was served with questions regarding date of mariage, divorce, reason for divorce, whereabout of the EEA and if we were still in touch. I told them i do not know is whereabout and although i wish we were still in touch we are no longer. i was then advise to use the EU queue next time. So i followed their advise and use the EU queue this time. i was once again asked the same kind of question (annoying really 8) ) At first the guy requested the landing card because i was divorced so he then contacted his supervisor who explain something and he came back and confirm that it was ok for me to use the EU line and that i indeed do not need a landing card.
Hope this reassure people with ROR

Once I had an overzealous immigration official who wanted to know if I had a job, where I worked, and what was my role. I really felt like telling him I do not need to have a job to live in the UK, but he was visibly looking for any excuse to have me called aside and having my passport etc. checked further so I just answered his questions. He also checked my address in the UK, whether I was renting or not, and seemed mightily disappointed he could not find any pretext to delay me further :roll:

Fitfam
Newly Registered

Post by Fitfam » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:39 am

I had a very very bad experience aswell when I was coming from Africa 2012 first time traveling with the RC since I got it in 2011,
I travelled alone and when I was coming back I dnt go to Eea line cause I knew nothing so when I got to this immigration office on. Non eea line , she collected my passport and with her bad attitude start asking me how did I got the RC , I said through my wife bcs I married to her and she askd where is my wife I said she's at home , she start asking a lot of questions about her work , her number,our house phone number,I asked please what is happening she askd me to sit down somewhere at the airport that was around 9am al the flight landed in presence of me, and after like 2hrs some officers came a man and a woman asks me to come down the custom area and checked all my bags , I askd what is happening ,they said they are doin there job, after that they have to trasnfer me to detention place inside the airport, like we are goin to the moon,full security and I was put in a room some. Women working there came to me and ask do I need something to eat I shouted no, after like another 2hours a different woman came out and take me to a room and took all my finger prints and askd that they will deleted everything with 24hrs when am free to go and start conducting interviews with me and questions about my wife and that they have contacted my wife to come to the airport with her passport , after like 6hours the woman came to. Me with my passport and my partner passport and said your wife is down stairs that we are sorry we are doin out checks that a lot of people have abuse the RC blaablaablaa and said its now on the system that I have been cleared that it wnt happen again the worst thing is that my partner told. Me that they dnt even let her inn that they just collect her passport from her at customer services point without questioning or interviewed her.in short I spent like 7hrs there (9am-4pm) funny again in another few months a I was stopped when I was coming from Amsterdam again luckily with the same woman that conducted the interview I told her , she went in to check and said yea yea i remember that ur wife came with passport,they are bunch of idiots

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:50 am

Even with a RC your status may be checked and validated.
Even with a visa you would not be guaranteed absolute access across someone's border.

You can expect just as robust treatment in US and some GCC countries, for example.
Its a balancing act between privacy, security and access.

And its a first world problem, many people get treated like this; its part and parcel of international travel.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Fitfam
Newly Registered

Post by Fitfam » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:51 am

Please one important question noajthan,obi or forum member, will caseworker see when they stopped me and the reason they stopped me on the system when I apply for my PR.please your reply is needed.Thanks

Fitfam
Newly Registered

Post by Fitfam » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:15 pm

Any suggestions on my previous questions please

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:02 am

Fitfam wrote:Please one important question noajthan,obi or forum member, will caseworker see when they stopped me and the reason they stopped me on the system when I apply for my PR.please your reply is needed.Thanks
I cannot comment on how connected the UK border security system is nor whether workaday caseworkers in the bowels of HO HQ have appropriate security clearance to access it.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Fitfam
Newly Registered

Post by Fitfam » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:18 am

Thanks noajthan, I hope I can see it if I make SAR

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:18 am

[quote="noajthan"]Even with a RC your status may be checked and validated.
Even with a visa you would not be guaranteed absolute access across someone's border.

You can expect just as robust treatment in US and some GCC countries, for example.
Its a balancing act between privacy, security and access.

And its a first world problem, many people get treated like this; its part and parcel of international travel.[/quote]

Yep i can imagine. I would have thought that they had a computerised system which allow them to be updated with questions asked each time you walk pass the border :roll:
GOD BLESS!!!