ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

J_Karim
BANNED

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by J_Karim » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:42 pm

No probs..
Please share your time line once you apply for citizenship and good luck..
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:50 pm

To All who are waiting on approval for the coming 25th November ceremony 2016..
I have been seeing this forum and kinda have feeling citizenship dept is not sending Second Stage Letter anymore.So Probably they are only sending First letter or acknowledgment letter and then straightaway Approval letter..
If any one receive any second letter from August to till now please share your time line..

Looking forward to hear from you guys

Thank you

Regards
J.K

sfj123
Newly Registered

Post by sfj123 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:56 pm

My wife's application timeline based on 5 years residency stamp 1 and stamp 4:
Application sent on 9th May 2016
First letter (acknowledgement): 26th May
Second stage letter: 2nd June
Approval letter: 28th September
Invitation: awaiting

Hope the above info helps. Best of luck to all.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:52 pm

cheers

Regards
J.K

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:18 am

Does anyone remember any case. where application based on below was processed within 6 months ?
1- Married to Non - Irish. EU fem 5 years.
2 -Based on irish association

seems like if you are on year by year work permit or EU or Married to Irish then your application is processed quickly . rest are put aside to wait.
one guy told me that they did not even send him acknowledgement letter for 3 months and later when approached by solicitor. application was recognised. he was divorced with non irish EU.

Any opinion about it ?

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:22 am

Hi Deekay,

My colleague from a small island in south america got approval in 4 months maried to dutch citizen after just 5 years that was back early 2016 if i recall.

There's another guy in this forum 2015 who got while in a bad situation in 5 month i am at office and search him (On eu4fam , his Eu parent (according to his story ) left the state , he got citizenship in 5 month while waiting for eu treaty right retention application he had temp 6 months :mrgreen: ).

There are actually a lot people who apply and who doesn't know about this forum :mrgreen: and they get the stuff done.

Whatever guys says here there's a profiling + the person who work on the application there's no way our cases are dealt in an equal manner :? I still believe we will all get it at the end of the day but with different treatment.

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:22 pm

H Broli

you are right. No same treatment for every application in terms of processing. if it is some would not need to wait over year. you are right end of the day 95% people gets it.

there can be huge delay for sure. but people get it even with criminal background.
only refusal i saw when people do not qualify or had big criminal record or used fake documents

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:35 pm

I agree

Indeed add to that .
Reports on news papers say application volume has double.
Brexit is clearly not good for overall volumes = more times to deal with applications unless they hired more staff (i whish they did it already).

I really pray the persons who get our applications just throws them to minister desk :mrgreen: for approval.
Now that's what you call "grace".

saad786

Post by saad786 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:06 pm

@ all

any update for today? Did anybody manage to talk to the citizenship for information? Any approvals this week?

best of luck to those including me who are patiently waiting for a good outcome.

Cheers,
Saad

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:27 pm

not yet did you get second letter yet?

Regards
J.K

saad786

Post by saad786 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:38 pm

@j_karim
no bro... no second letter.. I think there is no second letter anymore.. wait for final letter now.. did you get any update on your application?
best,
saad

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:45 pm

No I did only get acknowledgment so far..Still not second letter..I think They are issuing only first letter the approval..
i saw your time line you should get approval by now

No words yet bro..

Regards
J.K

askeasy
Newly Registered

Post by askeasy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:04 pm

Hi Guys

im following this fourm since july,and i found out very useful information,suggestion and advices :D

especially from Karim and some other guys,i applied naturalization in jan 2016 and only got an acknowldgement letter in which my ref no was stated,after that i havent got any hardcopy correspondence,i emailed them 5 times since march till sept16 and always get same reply :ur application is in process and we cant give u exact timeframe.

i have no criminal conviction except one i appeared in court regarding tv license issue and court fined me in 2009,
i have 10 year long term visa after retaintion
my application is based on
5year EUFAM
applied january 2016
reference mar 2016
so im sure say there is lots of people are still waiting who applied in dec jan feb,Volume of applications are huge to b sort out, best wishes and good luck for everyone who r waiting for their final decision.

askeasy
Newly Registered

Post by askeasy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:04 pm

Hi Guys

im following this fourm since july,and i found out very useful information,suggestion and advices :D

especially from Karim and some other guys,i applied naturalization in jan 2016 and only got an acknowldgement letter in which my ref no was stated,after that i havent got any hardcopy correspondence,i emailed them 5 times since march till sept16 and always get same reply :ur application is in process and we cant give u exact timeframe.

i have no criminal conviction except one i appeared in court regarding tv license issue and court fined me in 2009,
5year EUFAM
applied january 2016
reference mar 2016
so im sure say there is lots of people are still waiting who applied in dec jan feb,Volume of applications are huge to b sort out, best wishes and good luck for everyone who r waiting for their final decision.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:13 pm

To askeasy
I am just wondering did you mention your court matter in the application on the first place?

Regards
J.K

askeasy
Newly Registered

Post by askeasy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:28 pm

yes i did mentioned

askeasy
Newly Registered

Post by askeasy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:34 pm

To Karim

This is the matter of time bro good time or bad time, none of us know whats is going on regarding procedure how they finalized the applications we can asume or pridict only to satisfy each other,

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:56 pm

To me, once you mentioned your matter in the application it look good as an honest applicant ..now since you mentioned did you give any sort of cover letter to explain the matter a bit to them along with your application?
Did you attach the the court out come and the fine you paid?
Id say not answering your query because sometimes they differed the application for 2 years or 18 month as silly punishment if you know what I mean..
On the other hand they don't even mention it to the applicant..
Remember citizenship is not our rights its a privilege so they take their time and make an applicant impatient..
I am glad here that at least you have your ten years permanent residency..
If i were you I would write a physical letter and ask for an updates about my application..because once you send any thing to them,they have to take your file again to put record there and have to give you a replay by letter which happen 2/3 working days ...if its make sense to you..
Or else there other way costs money if you go for legal route..
I just pray you don't have to go for all of this,just get your approval coming days..
God Almighty..

Regards
J.K

rgirish

Post by rgirish » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:51 am

sfj123 wrote:
J_Karim wrote:Hi sfj123

Its says Please provide details of ALL of your previous addresses for the past 9 years, both in the State and abroad, starting
with the most recent one:

Meaning the address should be all Irish address and only if live abroad (out side of the Ireland)permanently..
In your case you were on holiday so its not appropriate for you.
just mention back 9 years address from Ireland unless you resided some other countries
Hope t helps
Many thanks J_Karim for clarifying.
Hi SFJ,

I was in my home country for 2 and half months nearly 10 weeks. I mentioned that in my form and as its says, write your address both in Ireland and abroad. I gave my home address. Now a few things you have to do.

1. Write a letter to explain why were you outside the state.
2. Reduce that time from your time calculator.
3. Make sure you meet the residency requirements.

Thanks RgIrish

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:03 pm

@askeasy

i have same situation like you :-)
5 year eufem, 10 years visa in hand. after 5 and half month application is still on initial processing.

so its clear as i said before. not big priority given to Enfem applications.
i started to believe that applications are processed based on the reason of application

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:39 pm

Hello All,

I have just applied the naturalisation for my wife (based on 3year married to an Irish Citizen) on 5 oct 2016 and they have received on 6th oct 2016(yesterday). I have also sent her original passport and cover letter for her 2 weeks( extra ) absence from the state in 2015 with all the medical proof. There is no visa gaps at all.

Now hopefully they will accept her application for naturalisation.

Regards,
Dhruv

saad786

Post by saad786 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:43 pm

@all
No updates for this week.

My wild guess is that things will start rolling from next week (Tuesday on wards). Best of luck to all including me who are waiting.

Cheers,
Saad

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:00 pm

To Rgirish
It means if resided aboard but if you went to holiday to your home country you don't have provide your home address (bk home).its your holiday not residing abroad..
Now if you stay out from Ireland more than 6 weeks ,you just need give a letter why you were outside of ireland more than 6 weeks..it's holiday and residing mean staying there even for while permanently with work or for living purpose..
You do not have to minus the time of your holiday from the calculator that's why you are giving a cover letter to consider the time you were out which was more than 6 weeks..
If you still confused can email citizenship dept they will explain you..
I was very migrants centre and they explained all to me.
Source: NCP
Hope it helps

Regards
J.K

mick2109
Newly Registered

Post by mick2109 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:53 am

askeasy wrote:Hi Guys

5year EUFAM
applied january 2016
reference mar 2016
hey mate dont worry i m with applied sep 2015 got second stage letter jan 20 after that same reply as like u ur application continued to processed .cant give u exact time frame .my application base 3 years irish spouse buddy .i m before u lol.u dont need to worry i hope we all sort out here in nov ceromany

Kadorkidor
Newly Registered

Post by Kadorkidor » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:15 am

Hello to everyone can can anyone advise me please I am Moroccan citizen living in north of Ireland I am married to an Irish citizen with three kids also Irish citizen my wife and my kids born and raised in north of Ireland Belfast which is United Kingdom I been living and working here nearly over 8 years will I be eligible for Irish citizen what is the route to go for applying for naturali
And what document to submit any help would be appreciated :roll: :roll: :roll: