ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK NARIC letter for english language requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tuxgeeg
Newly Registered

UK NARIC letter for english language requirements

Post by tuxgeeg » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:13 pm

Hello all,
I am in the process of applying for ILR with one adult dependent. I have a question about the NARIC letter.
My dependent's degree is not from UK and Home office have shut down the calculator so we need to get a letter from UK NARIC. NARIC is asking for degree certificate, transcripts and medium of instruction letter. We have the original degree (which is worded in English) but not the later two.
Getting the other documents is cumbersome (not to mention bureaucratic). I was wondering if anybody had similar issue and they managed to get the letter.

thanks
sean

noajthan

Re: UK NARIC letter for english language requirements

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:08 am

Save the bother, take a SELT.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tuxgeeg
Newly Registered

Post by tuxgeeg » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:22 pm

Thanks, I was thinking the same.
So I suppose it's B1 SELT-GESE grade 5 [url]http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=3220[/url] ?

innovation2000

Post by innovation2000 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:53 am

Hi tuxgeeg

Yes B1 is required to apply for ILR as per links below,

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/overview

http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=3218

I hope you have already passed the life in UK test which is mandatory for every one.

Regards

abhijeetnus
Newly Registered

Post by abhijeetnus » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:41 am

Hi Guys

I am in the same boat. I have had 2 Tier 1 extensions till date and both time I used the calculator to claim points for English language. I had also shown the degree during these applications.

With this new rule of getting NARIC letter, do I now need to pay NARIC for Letter or take test? I read in forum some people sharing their experiences where they did not need to submit the English language requirement and case worker checked only the degree certificate.

quite confusing on what is the right process.

tuxgeeg
Newly Registered

Post by tuxgeeg » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:46 pm

thanks all. I guess I will just ask my dependent to the B1 exam. Cost wise, there isn't much difference between getting the NARIC letter and taking the B1 exam. Exams saves us the hassle of chasing Uni for transcripts and english language letter.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:38 pm

tuxgeeg wrote:thanks all. I guess I will just ask my dependent to the B1 exam. Cost wise, there isn't much difference between getting the NARIC letter and taking the B1 exam. Exams saves us the hassle of chasing Uni for transcripts and english language letter.
Exactly.

Its £150 for the English B1 test. UK NARIC is £150 so no difference in cost at all. Go for the option that is more straight forward for you.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:58 am

Among B1 B2 C1 C2 which one is the easiest ? What is the difference between these levels ?

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:14 am

tier1-immigrant wrote:Among B1 B2 C1 C2 which one is the easiest ? What is the difference between these levels ?

On the Trinity college website I see there are two B1 exams listed.

One B1 for ILR which is GESE Grade 5 (skills: speaking listening) and second B1 for Tier1 G which is ISE I (skills read write speak listen).

Does ILR require only speaking and listening skills ? didn't get the logic.

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:40 am

Just now watched a video of the B1 GCSE test. 150GBP for 10 min test is a rip off. Daylight robbery.

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:31 pm

Which of these do I need to take

One B1 for ILR which is GESE Grade 5 (skills: speaking listening) and second B1 for Tier1 G which is ISE I (skills read write speak listen).

Nacc390
Newly Registered

Post by Nacc390 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:13 am

UK Naric Charges £150 (Excluding postage) for a letter which is totally ripoff and Same goes with trinity college for a short test they charge £150. These both are money making machines they think money grows on trees.