ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS/IHS surcharge refund after getting ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

NHS/IHS surcharge refund after getting ILR?

Post by plabo » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:44 am

Hi

I am on a Tier 2 General work permit holder which was renewed in July 2015 and will expire in July 2017.

I will be eligible for ILR in February 2017 and was wondering whatever excess NHS Health surcharge I have paid till July 2017, will I be able to get a refund of it (i.e from March 2017 till July 2017)?

If yes, can someone please let know how.

Thank you

Abc499

Re: NHS/IHS surcharge refund after getting ILR?

Post by Abc499 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:37 pm

I see recently many posts on forum about this IHS refund issue. I think it is very much clear that on this cases there will not be any refund.

refund when
1. they approve visa less than applied for (less than IHS paid period) or visa not grant for an application.
2. when you move to another category and pay new IHS charges (if that category required), they will refund for the overlapping period if it is 6 months or more.