ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Needing help with my hourly rate and night enhancements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jammyjake
Newly Registered

Needing help with my hourly rate and night enhancements

Post by Jammyjake » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:45 am

Hi all. I work in the NHS as a security guard and my hourly rate is 7.94 but I work perminant nights and I get enhancements for doing so which takes me up to earning £11.40 a hour. I work them perminant hours and work a Sunday shift which I earn £14.50 a hour I make £457 a week but thats only because I work Wednesday night to Sunday night. I do this on a permanent basis. If I wasn't doing those shifts then I would earn around £280 a week. I don't know what immigration will go off and if they go off my actual hourly rate not what I get because of my enhancements that I won't be able to sponsor my partner!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Needing help with my hourly rate and night enhancements

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:34 am

Are your monthly payments the same over the last 12 month period?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Jammyjake
Newly Registered

Post by Jammyjake » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:04 am

Yes they are the same each month I get weekly pay and weekly payslips. they show my enhancements. I am sorry I contacted you this way, I am new to the sit and could work out how the contact anyone and I thought this was the way you do it

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:36 am

Welcome to the forum.

As your payslips show the same monthly payment the Entry Clearance Officer should accept these under Category A with the night enhancements.

You will need to submit the most recent 6 months (24 weeks) payslips + 6 months corresponding bank statements. The last ones shouldn't be more than 28 days old on the date your spouse submits their application.

Also submit a letter from your employer on company letterhead confirming your employment + a copy of your contract if you have one.

Come back with other questions if you get stuck with anything.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Jammyjake
Newly Registered

Post by Jammyjake » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:24 pm

That's fantastic thanks ever so much for your help on that topic! also my partner is over here on currently as she can visit here without a visa or permit for 6 months as she is Canadian and is allowed to do so we have been told. But I don't know if we can apply for a Fiancé visa to get married whilst in the uk like a married visa or would she have to go back to Canada to apply we have till February to apply for the fiancé visa but it will be hard if she has to go back and then fly out again once granted

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:50 pm

Sorry to say that your fiancee will have to return to Canada to apply for the visa. It's not permitted to switch to any other category from within the UK while here as a visitor.

A fiance visa will grant her an initial 6 months in which to marry. After the wedding she will have to apply for a FLR(M) 2.5 year extension as a spouse (before the fiance visa expires).

Fiance visa = £1195

FLR(M) = £811 postal or £1311 if applied for in person at a Premium Service Centre (PSC).
She will also have to pay the NHS surcharge of £500 when she applies for FLR(M) in addition to the visa fee.

Bear in mind that a postal application may take up to 3 months to process, during which time she will be unable to work. If you apply in person for the premium fee the application is generally processed on the same day, enabling her to take immediate employment without restriction.
(Casa, not CR001)

Jammyjake
Newly Registered

Post by Jammyjake » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:04 pm

You are fantastic!!! I haven't got any information like this from anyone! Thanks means a lot! I'm going to get a solicitor to sort it for me I think so I can make sure everything gets done properly and I think I'll go for the premium service centre rout as it will be quicker. You are a star!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:37 pm

One suggestion. With the support of the forum you should be able to reduce the legal costs by having a solicitor (or OISC Registered Immigration Advisor) provide a final document check instead of a full application.

The fiance visa application will require evidence of wedding planning. You may not be able to book a wedding at this stage, but you could submit quotes for venue, catering, wedding invitation printing etc. The wedding doesn't need to be elaborate.
(Casa, not CR001)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:00 pm

I agree with casa that via this forum no need of legal assistance cost. A sponsor can himself prepare case by asking question here and experts usually reply correctly and ordinary members also provide their experiences too which solicitors lacks and a lot of them usually use guess/outdated knowledge. Even a lot members train their inexperience solicitors after learning from here. An average conscious mind person with average English language knowledge can prepare his own case backed by this forum too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.