ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Documents Required

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Noman83

FLR (M) Documents Required

Post by Noman83 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:13 pm

fI am applying for my spouse visa extension
I am a bit confused about the documents needed as evidence of living together
We do not have anything in joint names hence I understand that we need to have 6 documents each
My query is

1) how many months of each documents is needed ? does my wifes and my evidence have to be from same months?

2) can we provide random months of each type of bill/statement over the 2 yr period??

3) do i need to provide the last 6 or 12 consecutive months of bank statements/bills?

thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Documents Required

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Noman83 wrote:fI am applying for my spouse visa extension
We do not have anything in joint names hence I understand that we need to have 6 documents each
My query is

1) how many months of each documents is needed ? does my wifes and my evidence have to be from same months? Examples of joint address covering the 2.5 year period. Your wife's can be from different months.

2) can we provide random months of each type of bill/statement over the 2 yr period?? Yes. A good rule of thumb is for one piece of evidence (or 2 in if single names) every 4-5 months spread as evenly as possible.

3) do i need to provide the last 6 or 12 consecutive months of bank statements/bills? The most recent 6 months unless self-employed, when you would need 12 months. + the corresponding bank statements.

If you don't have 6 in joint names, submit 12 in single names. Anything with name/names, address and date will be acceptable

thanks
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:04 pm

Casa wrote:
My query is

1) how many months of each documents is needed ? does my wifes and my evidence have to be from same months? Examples of joint address covering the 2.5 year period. Your wife's can be from different months.

2) can we provide random months of each type of bill/statement over the 2 yr period?? Yes. A good rule of thumb is for one piece of evidence (or 2 in if single names) every 4-5 months spread as evenly as possible.

3) do i need to provide the last 6 or 12 consecutive months of bank statements/bills? The most recent 6 months unless self-employed, when you would need 12 months. + the corresponding bank statements.

If you don't have 6 in joint names, submit 12 in single names. Anything with name/names, address and date will be acceptable

thanks
Hi Casa

Thank you for your quick and valuable response.

Now this is the problem

1) We were out of country from Aug 14 to Oct 14 so we did not had an address. My mail was going on friend's address and wife mail was at her mum address. Came back last week of oct 14, stayed at mum in law house for 4-5 days and found a temporary place for 6 months. Wife kept her mum address as permenant and I changed to temporary address. We moved into a permenant place from May 15 hence everything from May 15 onwards is on this address. From May 15 till today we have 2 big bundles for individual names.I have 2 tenancy agreements for the joint name and 2 letters from council on joint names (for 2015/16 tax bill and 2016/17 tax billShall I write a cover letter to case worker and explain this situation ? What is your opinion??

2) How many years we have to show address history for ?? 2 years or 2.5 years??

Regards

Noman

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:43 pm

Noman83 wrote:
Casa wrote:
My query is

thanks
Hi Casa

Thank you for your quick and valuable response.

Now this is the problem

1) We were out of country from Aug 14 to Oct 14 so we did not had an address. My mail was going on friend's address and wife mail was at her mum address. Came back last week of oct 14, stayed at mum in law house for 4-5 days and found a temporary place for 6 months. Wife kept her mum address as permenant and I changed to temporary address. We moved into a permenant place from May 15 hence everything from May 15 onwards is on this address. From May 15 till today we have 2 big bundles for individual names.I have 2 tenancy agreements for the joint name and 2 letters from council on joint names (for 2015/16 tax bill and 2016/17 tax billShall I write a cover letter to case worker and explain this situation ? What is your opinion??

2) How many years we have to show address history for ?? 2 years or 2.5 years??

Regards

Noman

Hi

Can anyone help and answer my questions pleas?

Regards

Noman

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:17 pm

If you have no evidence for the missing months or the temporary accommodation where you received correspondence at different addresses, you can only explain in 'other information' or an accompanying letter.

I suggest you submit the application by post.

Proof is required for the length of the visa, 2.5 years
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.