ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension approved after rejection

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

niomi
United States of America

Extension approved after rejection

Post by niomi » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:05 am

After a longg wait I am happy to inform everyone that my T1E extension has finally been approved....! :D

First application sent: 11 March
Rejection: 9 May
Admin review sent in and then withdrawn
Second application sent: 1 June
Interview request: 24 August
Interview: 8 September
Approval: 5 October

Two weeks ago I had an important client sign a note on letterhead stating I needed to leave the country on business in mid October, and my solicitor sent this in for me, requesting a prioritised decision.

Additionally, we sent in proof that I am now the sole director of my business (formerly my father had a 10% stake, and there was confusion about the directors loan, which led to my first rejection which solicitor still believes was an error on their part -- funds originally provided by him but were clearly mine in the accounts. They also asked who he was in my interview.)

The person who interviewed me mentioned that my business was very different than typical applicants' so perhaps the other problem was that my application just seemed confusing without being able to talk to me about it.

This has been a long and exhausting journey and I wish everyone else luck, especially those who have been waiting longer than I.

A quick question from my side -- my visa expired in March. Does this mean I can apply for indefinite leave in March 2018, or must I wait until October 2018?

Thank you everybody for your support here!

helpingperson
BANNED

Re: Extension approved after rejection

Post by helpingperson » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:32 am

niomi

Congratulations and well done.

You raised a good point as when one becomes eligible for ILR i.e. 2 years from the date of grant of extension or 2 years from the expiry of initial leave?

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:42 am

Congrats
i think HO has started approving extentions as many other applicants are posting aswell.good news

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:39 am

nasiaziz wrote:Congrats
i think HO has started approving extensions as many other applicants are posting as well.good news
Congratulation and good to see that you finally got relief. As for as ILR is concern, you can certainly apply for that once you will complete 10 years legally in this country, because the over time which you spent while your visa was in process, you are covered by 3C, in which old or new application makes the person legal in UK.
I just need to ask you a question that after rejection, as you mentioned that you went for AR and later withdrawn it,did you get your documents back from home office after withdrawn of AR? also did you resubmit those with new application or sent later on.

niomi
United States of America

Post by niomi » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:08 pm

@awan905, yes, they sent back the files, and my solicitor mailed them in as supplements as soon as we received them.

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:25 pm

niomi wrote:@awan905, yes, they sent back the files, and my solicitor mailed them in as supplements as soon as we received them.
Thanks for the update.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi, what exactly is AR? Has it been discussed in a previous thread before? If yes then please anyone post a link here. Also what do you mean fresh application? Will that include fees payments and IHS payment???

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:56 pm

hamalt66 wrote:Hi, what exactly is AR? Has it been discussed in a previous thread before? If yes then please anyone post a link here. Also what do you mean fresh application? Will that include fees payments and IHS payment???
Administrative Review. To correct HO administrative/procedural errors.

It has been discussed almost to exhaustion in multiple threads - just search.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:07 pm

noajthan wrote:
hamalt66 wrote:Hi, what exactly is AR? Has it been discussed in a previous thread before? If yes then please anyone post a link here. Also what do you mean fresh application? Will that include fees payments and IHS payment???

Thanks Noajthan, however the I couldn't find the search feature in the forum. How do you search for a certain world?

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:56 am

Congratulations :)
Very happy that you succeeded!

What do you mean by application was different btw?

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:59 am

hamalt66 wrote:
noajthan wrote:

Thanks Noajthan, however the I couldn't find the search feature in the forum. How do you search for a certain world?

Search feature is on top of the page on left hand side of screen.
And yes, fresh application requires fee payment and IHS payment again.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:03 am

sm12 wrote:Search feature is on top of the page on left hand side of screen.
On top of page left side under the Immigrationboards banner I could only see FAQ and Logout buttons. There's no search box!!! Where is it exactly? I am using my smartphone. Does this only show on PCs?

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 am

hamalt66 wrote:
sm12 wrote:Search feature is on top of the page on left hand side of screen.
On top of page left side under the Immigrationboards banner I could only see FAQ and Logout buttons. There's no search box!!! Where is it exactly? I am using my smartphone. Does this only show on PCs?
Follow this link: http://www.immigrationboards.com/search ... %5B0%5D=36