ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending leave to remain - private life

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elfaen
Newly Registered

Extending leave to remain - private life

Post by elfaen » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:42 am

Hello,

I just need some advice on extending leave to remain. I received 2.5years on the basis of private life. I made the initial application with a solicitor however i am going to do it myself this time as the lawyer fees are so expensive this year..over 2 grand and that doesnt even include application fees. The form that was used was an FLR O but i have been advised to use the FLR FP. I previously lived with family but i now live with my partner of 4 years. Would i need to fill out the part about partners as that was not the basis i received my leave originally. i did not mention him in my original application as the relationship was relativley new and i diny not know where it was going. Has anyone been in this situation before and how straightforward is the renewal process?. I previously had to provide evidence of the last 20 years in the last application. Would they need all this information again?.

Also when i made the original application i was under 25..now i am 25 :( would this affect the decision?.

I contacted the home office for some advice but they are not very helpful over the phone.

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Re: Extending leave to remain - private life

Post by Choc-Ice » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:38 pm

In my own opinion, this is something you can do yourself without spending the extra 2k. The application FEE itself is expensive, I just spent close to 2k for premium same day application to extend my LTR.

Why not gather all the previous documents and you also add extra documents, e.g. to show your still enjoying your family and private life! 8) I suggest download the appendix FM and read the relevant section for private life, knowledge itself is power! :wink:
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

elfaen
Newly Registered

Re: Extending leave to remain - private life

Post by elfaen » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:31 pm

Thank you for your response