ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP return help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cheerskuki
Newly Registered

BRP return help

Post by cheerskuki » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:16 pm

Hi

Me and my son (5 yo) applied for naturalisation using joint nationality and passport checking service in June, we've received our son's British passport last Friday (30 Sep) but no letters received yet confirming my naturalisation status or his Certificate of BC. Do I need to return his BRP now or shall I wait until I receive his Certificate of BC. Please advise.

Thanks
k

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP return help

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:19 pm

Wait until the certificate is received, he is only BC from the date on the certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cheerskuki
Newly Registered

Post by cheerskuki » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:21 pm

CR001 wrote:Wait until the certificate is received, he is only BC from the date on the certificate.
Thank you very much for your reply... I'll wait... cheers :)

cheerskuki
Newly Registered

Post by cheerskuki » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:26 pm

[UPDATE]

Finally... we've received ceremony invitation letters from home office today. Waiting for group ceremony invitation letter from council. :)

olgachilds
BANNED

Post by olgachilds » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:28 pm

CR001 wrote:Wait until the certificate is received, he is only BC from the date on the certificate.
they already issued him with a BRITISH PASSPORT so I think the cat is out of the bag, even if all the rest of docs are lost in the post))

dishydr
Newly Registered

Post by dishydr » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:18 pm

I have already sent my BRP even though havent recieved the passport.I received my citizenship certificate yesterday.I sent it by regisered mail.Was I right to send it?

cheerskuki
Newly Registered

Post by cheerskuki » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:46 pm

dishydr wrote:I have already sent my BRP even though havent recieved the passport.I received my citizenship certificate yesterday.I sent it by regisered mail.Was I right to send it?
yeah you are right, you should send your BRP just after receiving citizenship certificate.

dishydr
Newly Registered

Post by dishydr » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:33 pm

Many thanks
waiting for their sms now