ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to apply for BRP without ISD (only have letter with ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nimomohamed
Newly Registered

How to apply for BRP without ISD (only have letter with ILR

Post by nimomohamed » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:18 am

Never had an ISD, never fingerprinted, all I have is letter of June 2001 stating Indefinite Leave to Remain - humanitarian grounds and expired (2014) certificate of travel - which states no time limit on holder's stay in UK. I want to apply for Naturalisation, therefore need a BRP. Form BRP (RC) states that I can only get BRP as a replacement for ISD. Will my letter stating ILR be enough to use BRP(RC), or is there some other way to apply?

olgachilds
BANNED

Re: How to apply for BRP without ISD (only have letter with

Post by olgachilds » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:15 pm

You can apply for a BRP using an NTL form, it is called NO Time Limit document

But it would in you case have to be a postal application and would take forever

However i am not sure why on Earth do you think you need a BRP, there is no such requirement. Plenty of people get citizenship who have never had any biometric residence permits or cards.

Is it the case that you have no ID at all, eg a foreign passport or such? Still there are better ways of addressing that.

nimomohamed
Newly Registered

Re: How to apply for BRP without ISD (only have letter with

Post by nimomohamed » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:51 pm

Thank you very much for your post. Why on earth indeed! Probably because I was told on the phone by a Home Office person that I would have to go through the rigmarole of changing an ISD into a BRP. I should know better than trust them to correctly interpret their own procedures. I have successfully helped 2 other people with forms for naturalisation, both did have BRP / had been fingerprinted etc. Looking at form AN - yes BRP/ISD not a requirement. I am hoping that the letter stating ILR and the expired UK certificate of travel document will be enough. Just have to save up a bit more - fee now £1236.00 Thanks again you for your most valued assistance.