ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying BC with debt

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jgorf

Applying BC with debt

Post by Jgorf » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:07 am

Andy advise please

I'm about this submit my BC application this week and have some depts loan/credit card totalling little over 20k. I have always made my repayments and never missed a single payment.

I have read that debts can affect BC application and this has got me worried.

Can you please advise if this is something to worry about .i am and have been in full time employment so can make my monthly repayments without problems.

Please advice

devenpunjabi999
Newly Registered

Re: Applying BC with debt

Post by devenpunjabi999 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:15 am

Nearly everyone in this day and age has debts (mortgages, loans, finacne agreement, credit card etc).

As long as you dont have any CCJ's and/or are not insolvent you will be fine. From you post I read that you are servicing your debt payments so you should be fine.

Serpiko37
Newly Registered

Post by Serpiko37 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:48 am

As per above...most people have mortgages to be paid off and they are considered as debt too. Who don't have these days...good luck!

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:34 am

Hi Mates,
My Naturalization application was due in couple of weeks, But i have personal loan and still pending 6K+. But i never missed any payment. But i am not sure about what is CCJ. Could some one help me to find out how to check any CCJ's on my name.

My whole stay in UK was permanent employee only. Everything was straight forward, Even i called HMRC to find out any outstanding amounts on my name. Everything was clear. Let me know anything else i can verify before applying my application.

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh

devenpunjabi999
Newly Registered

Post by devenpunjabi999 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:31 am

You can check for CCJ's on Experian and other credit rating websites. The fact is if you don't know what it is you are unlikely to have one.

This is as google describes it - A County Court Judgment (CCJ) is a type of court order in England, Wales and Northern Ireland that may be registered against you if you fail to repay money you owe